Blue Force Tracker for Android

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by msr, Nov 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. I'm guessing it will smash the battery life, and given that the modern android smartphone needs charging daily, it's not going to be that much use unless you've got ready access to power.

3. Looks good- just got around the problem by buying a battery charger and 3 spare batteries, dirt cheap, off some bloke in Hong Kong. I'll never be without text/GPS on ex again!

4. Would be interesting to see what the latency is. Is it open to deception/jamming? Would it require encryption? How would this affect the latency?

It says the Slovenians are trialling a mil spec version. Look forward to seeing the results.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wouldnt an app like this seriously compromise OpSec and PerSec?

6. Yup.

7. Of course PA,

come tell us where you and all your army friends are, its free!!!

8. Pebbles, PA, if I might add to this debate... What you suggest would of course be hilarious. =-D But keep in mind that PES downloaded from Google Play is not intended to be used in combat.

I mean if you insist, we won't say no to a purchase. But we would rather recommend a Mil version of PES that uses Personal Role Radios or Tactical Radios for communication purposes. Also a centralized server is a bad idea for a combat net. We prefer to use a self building mesh network on top of radios of your choice. And of course... If you do not trust your radios to provide a secure enough link, we can provide a AES256 encryption on top of the radio encryption and frequency hopping.

I hope this helps clear up the intended PES usage. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.