Bloody Sunday

Discussion in 'Northern Ireland (Op BANNER)' started by fdj12, Dec 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. Unfortunately, this was always the intention.

This farce will only end when some geriatric ex-Paras are behind bars.
  2. I resemble that remark.
    • Like Like x 9
  3. I concur with this......................fuckin hell!
  4. Whats it matter, all those that were shot dead were hats init..... eh lads ?
  5. I seem to remember the rhyme went:-

We got one,
    We got two.
    We got thirteen more than you.

The Birdshit deserve to be left alone for that if nothing else.
  6. "I am sorry, it was a very long time ago. I don't remember..."

• Like Like x 1
  7. A Kid in my old unit 10th Mountain 87th Inf came from Armagh used to tell us it was painted on a wall-

"13 gone, but not forgotten
    We got 18 and Mountbatton..."

He was a real piece of work we were down at Ft. Dix, NJ doing a MOUT course and had a major from I think the "Royal Hampshire"? rgt( this would be May-June 1992timeframe?) as an observer. First on KP he tried to dump a tray of food on him in the messhall. later We caught the kid trying to shoot cleaning rods using blanks at the Major. He was admin discharged within a week.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Nearly, I believe the favoured phrase is "I'm sorry Your Honour but I have no recollection of the events described".
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  9. The Paras involved, all of whom must be getting on a bit should use the Mrs Morans defence Margaret Moran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    and become unfit to plead due to age/altzheimers/ptsd or whatever else their brief can think of. I hope they all claim loads of legal aid as well & try & get compo off the IRA/PIRA/INLA/Sinn Fein or whatever the nats are calling themselves for the terrible stress they have suffered!
  10. Well surely no one will go to jail as any convictions will be spent under the terms of the Good Friday Agr....

Oh hang on that was for the other teams benefit wasnt it?
    • Like Like x 5
  11. I wouldn't mind half as much if the same zeal and resources were utilised finding and convicting all those guilty of the murder of 700+ British Soldiers and God knows how many UDR, reservists, RUC and just plain civvies. Guess we don't make enough noise. I hope these spineless ******* remember where appeasement got us in 1939
    • Like Like x 5
  12. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Got us into a war which we eventually won.

'Was I there.........really the events of that day are such a blur. I suggest if you have any questions you put them to my legal aided solicitor and barrister. It's such a shame Madden and Finucane were busy'.
    • Like Like x 3
  13. What a waste of oxygen you are Paton, love to meet up with you sunshine, get a life, I wont say so typical as I dont believe even ex para reg would stoop so friggin low, now away and crawl under the stone you came from.
    • Like Like x 3