Bloody Sunday Report : Released on 15th June.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by LancePrivateJones, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not bad. Only cost £183 Million by 2008 and estimated to be over £200 Million when finished. Any chance we can chuck the bill to the f**kwit who kicked this off..?
  2. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

But reportedly he's only earned some 20-some million since leaving office. He'd be out of pocket.

Edited once
  3. Well that was money well spent wasn't it?
    No matter what the report says it will make no difference and nobody (on either side) will change their mind or opinion of what happened that day.
  4. Another provo appeasement coming up surely, those darn Para's, never could let them out in public.
  5. Actually I was stood on the corner of Sackville Street when the initial shots were fired.
  6. Just before the Para's returned fire then?
  7. Tropper?
  8. Lets face it this is nothing but a political stunt set up to help sell the good friday get out of jail free agreement to the Hardliners in the Republican Mafia.

No full Enquirey for Omagh or Bloody friday or the Kingsmill massacre I notice.

Bloody Sunday did NO- one any favours the time to move on from it was years ago.

This is not about finding out what happend that day this is about giveing a defeated movement a flag to wave Its that simple.
  9. Or the Vikings?

10. 38 years for this enquiry is published
    stikes me as a lot of wasted cash!!!
  11. Sorry but I was in Ballykelly when it kicked off, well out of the way
  12. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Got to say I for one will be glad to see the back of it. Hindsight being a wonderful thing, that day was never going to end well especially given the events of the previous week on Magilligan beach.
    Even that far back Widgery was a disgrace and if we'd given them ten grand each and said sorry we could have saved ourselves a lot of grief.
    If Saville gives the expected verdict does that mean that the families can now sue the MOD/Govt for damages?
    Only asking?

To mitigate against the expected first post incoming My Skidmarx account seems to have gone sideways
  13. Well, if I remember right it was initially pretty much a sh1tstorm of firing most of which initially came from second floor of a block just to my left. I could return as my LoS was blocked, but there was more than a few rounds going downrange!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.