Bloody Sunday offer

I'm much more amused by the investigation into the "punishment" shooting in Ardoyne.

Last night the PSNI were looking for a gunman involved in a "paramilitary shooting".
Sean Kelly (Shankill Bomber) arrested - PSNI statement "No paramilitary involvement"
Sean Kelly released without charge, PSNI are now again looking for a gunman involved in a.... "Paramilitary Shooting"

So, basically it's paramilitary unless it'll rock the boat politically... When it definitely isn't.

Transparent much?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
My great Grandfather was physchic. he knew to the day and time when he would die. Ok, admittedly the Judge had told him, however, he was killed by 'The Bloody brits' and although not on a Sunday ( it was a Tuesday, I believe) should not I, as his only living relative, be offered a vast amount of money to help assuage the shock, the horror and the trauma, not to mention the stress ( so i won't) that his death has caused me. It may well have been in 1916, but that is just a mere blink of an eye in historical terms. And Tony Blair hasn't yet apologised to me.

My great Grandfather was physchic. he knew to the day and time when he would die. Ok, admittedly the Judge had told him, however, he was killed by 'The Bloody brits' and although not on a Sunday ( it was a Tuesday, I believe) should not I, as his only living relative, be offered a vast amount of money to help assuage the shock, the horror and the trauma, not to mention the stress ( so i won't) that his death has caused me. It may well have been in 1916, but that is just a mere blink of an eye in historical terms. And Tony Blair hasn't yet apologised to me.
Be careful what you wish for.

**** 'em. I'd give them a quid to STFU and sod off.

Sick of the whole damn thing now. It's not about justice - it's down to what they can screw out of it, egged on by greedy lawyers who don't want to see their gravy train come off the tracks.

**** em.

Rodney2q

B

bokkatankie

Jolly good of them to offer 50g to the victims. Way I see it is that the families of the dead and injured know their loved ones were a bunch of terrorists, so at last they are giving something to the victims. Question is is who are the victims and when they get it what will they do with the 50g? And what is 50g?

Glad to see that some sense, is, at last, coming from all this nonsense!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If the government are going to give these families any money I hope they take it from the money the treasury gives to NI. That way the money comes from the NI pot.

Also, if the families are on benefit then that should be withdrawn because a) they accepted and now over the threshhold or b) they refused it thus, in the same vein as making yourself voluntarily homeless, it is your fault so DSS won't pay.

Are they offering £50k to the Paras and other Regiment's soldiers injured and affected that day.

If the government are going to give these families any money I hope they take it from the money the treasury gives to NI. That way the money comes from the NI pot.

Also, if the families are on benefit then that should be withdrawn because a) they accepted and now over the threshhold or b) they refused it thus, in the same vein as making yourself voluntarily homeless, it is your fault so DSS won't pay.

Wouldn't it be fairer if it came from the NORAID pot?

Jolly good of them to offer 50g to the victims. Way I see it is that the families of the dead and injured know their loved ones were a bunch of terrorists, so at last they are giving something to the victims. Question is is who are the victims and when they get it what will they do with the 50g? And what is 50g?

Glad to see that some sense, is, at last, coming from all this nonsense!
I think it's supposed to be 'gr' for grain. But it's a mistake, you'd only get one 5.56mm round with a 50gr limit, you'd want to give them a burst of 3-5rnds each minimum. It would also be more authentic to use 7.62mm for which they'd have to up the allowance considerably. I hope this is of some assistance.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Whatever the rights or wrongs about Bloody Sunday, the Savile report should have drawn the line under it. ie this is what happened, the truth given.

What has happened is that now there is a minor industry in Bloody Sunday claims, criminal charges and payouts. It will extend to almost every area in NI, and will be almost unstoppable.

How much has Cameron said the family of Sgt. Michael Willets GC should receive? And how much should the families of those murdered at Warrenpoint receive? Thats assuming that Cameron has ever heard of either Sgt. Willets or Warrenpoint. And assuming he has that he even cares.