Bloody Sunday offer

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by skid2, Feb 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

2. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

App MOD and Cameron have authorised an offer of £50.000 to the families of the victims of Bloody Sunday. Injured on the day given a similar.
    Families, allegedly have dismissed this as ludicrous.......... Probably when Iraqis have been getting payments of £1m plus.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

3. I'm much more amused by the investigation into the "punishment" shooting in Ardoyne.

Last night the PSNI were looking for a gunman involved in a "paramilitary shooting".
    Sean Kelly (Shankill Bomber) arrested - PSNI statement "No paramilitary involvement"
    Sean Kelly released without charge, PSNI are now again looking for a gunman involved in a.... "Paramilitary Shooting"

So, basically it's paramilitary unless it'll rock the boat politically... When it definitely isn't.

Transparent much?

• Like Like x 1
  4. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

My great Grandfather was physchic. he knew to the day and time when he would die. Ok, admittedly the Judge had told him, however, he was killed by 'The Bloody brits' and although not on a Sunday ( it was a Tuesday, I believe) should not I, as his only living relative, be offered a vast amount of money to help assuage the shock, the horror and the trauma, not to mention the stress ( so i won't) that his death has caused me. It may well have been in 1916, but that is just a mere blink of an eye in historical terms. And Tony Blair hasn't yet apologised to me.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Be careful what you wish for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. **** 'em. I'd give them a quid to STFU and sod off.

Sick of the whole damn thing now. It's not about justice - it's down to what they can screw out of it, egged on by greedy lawyers who don't want to see their gravy train come off the tracks.

**** em.

Rodney2q

• Like Like x 2
  7. I'd chip in some cash, if it meant we could shoot some more of them.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Is that code?

9. Jolly good of them to offer 50g to the victims. Way I see it is that the families of the dead and injured know their loved ones were a bunch of terrorists, so at last they are giving something to the victims. Question is is who are the victims and when they get it what will they do with the 50g? And what is 50g?

Glad to see that some sense, is, at last, coming from all this nonsense!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

If the government are going to give these families any money I hope they take it from the money the treasury gives to NI. That way the money comes from the NI pot.

Also, if the families are on benefit then that should be withdrawn because a) they accepted and now over the threshhold or b) they refused it thus, in the same vein as making yourself voluntarily homeless, it is your fault so DSS won't pay.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Are they offering £50k to the Paras and other Regiment's soldiers injured and affected that day.

• Like Like x 3
  12. How much do you get for being behind the crowd with a Tommy gun? Apart from getting to be Deputy First Minister? Allegedly of course.

• Like Like x 2

13. Wouldn't it be fairer if it came from the NORAID pot?

• Like Like x 1