Bloody Sunday Compensation

B

bokkatankie

Take you argument on compensation further, is it only those involved directly that should recompense victims? In which case Mengele and company could never have given remotely what the government of the FRG gave to holocaust victims, or the criminal compensation board is useless and pointless as Fred the penniless mugger shoud pay for his victim's trauma and disability. Of course not as Fred will never be able to compensate to the level deemed fit.
It was NAZI Germany's direct and ordered policy to carry out the Holocaust.

As to Fred the penniless mugger he should be forced to work until he has paid of such compentation, perhaps in chains at the side of a road.

B

bokkatankie

Yes I do. But then I've read the inquiry findings and know people who were on the inquiry, so I know what I'm talking about.
Well done you can read and you know people. As to knowing what you are talking about; that is, at best, hearsay.

Please continue to post despite the cyber battering Nickhere

I'm interested as to why you'd suggest murder rather than manslaughter. Would there be enough evidence after all this time to bring charges? Or are we basking in the light of the UK's very own truth and reconciliation committee?

Could not agree more.
Of course you couldn't, because it suits your argument to believe there was some conspiracy to appease those civilians involved in Bloody Sunday. After £200 Million pounds, do you really think those involved in the inquiry were happy to simply produce a biased report? I don't think so some how.

As for whether I know what I'm talking about...you don't know the difference between Martin McGuinness and Gerry Adams, which says it all really.

At the end of the day, Northern Ireland is a lovely place to live and work for the most part. There aren't Army patrols there anymore, the terrorist threat is vastly reduced and people are for the most part safe to walk around. Martin McGuinness might have been a terrorist, but he has been instrumental in bringing about the peaceful resolution to the troubles. What would you prefer, him in jail and people still being murdered?

B

bokkatankie

Of course you couldn't, because it suits your argument to believe there was some conspiracy to appease those civilians involved in Bloody Sunday. After £200 Million pounds, do you really think those involved in the inquiry were happy to simply produce a biased report? I don't think so some how.

As for whether I know what I'm talking about...you don't know the difference between Martin McGuinness and Gerry Adams, which says it all really.

At the end of the day, Northern Ireland is a lovely place to live and work for the most part. There aren't Army patrols there anymore, the terrorist threat is vastly reduced and people are for the most part safe to walk around. Martin McGuinness might have been a terrorist, but he has been instrumental in bringing about the peaceful resolution to the troubles. What would you prefer, him in jail and people still being murdered?
I wont answer the rest yet, but tell me what is the difference between Martin McGuiness and Gerry Adams?

Please continue to post despite the cyber battering Nickhere

I'm interested as to why you'd suggest murder rather than manslaughter. Would there be enough evidence after all this time to bring charges? Or are we basking in the light of the UK's very own truth and reconciliation committee?
I think you should read my posts before describing me as a cyber-batterer (whatever that might be).

Why do people get so upset when I point out they're wrong...

I wont answer the rest yet, but tell me what is the difference between Martin McGuiness and Gerry Adams?
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to prove here. Are you implying they are difficult to tell apart? After all, Martin McG is only Deputy First Minister of NI whilst Gerry Adams is Teachtaí Dála of the Dail for Louth, which is in the Republic of Ireland....not really similar to be honest.

I think you should read my posts before describing me as a cyber-batterer (whatever that might be).

Why do people get so upset when I point out they're wrong...
He was saying that you should continue to post despite others giving you a hard time (cyber battering).

As to Bokka you're pouring scorn at him because he made a simple error. Easily done when you're perhaps typing in a hurry. I'm quite sure he knows them apart, he made a simple error. Try arguing the points a little more dispassionately.

After all no-one has mocked you over the cyber battering faux pas have they?

Edited to add: Norniron must have posted whilst I was typing, apologies.

Sadly, Mcguiness and Adams, for whatever reason have failed to be arrested, charged and tried, therefore remain (in the eyes of the law) innocent. For me along with Bloody Sunday thats another of our failings in the Province. Nothing would please me more than to see those two slotted or banged up.
And in the eyes of the law so is John McAleese innocent,yes.....

B

bokkatankie

?
Yes I do. I am allowed my opinion as much as you are allowed yours, you say you are pointing out that I am wrong, I have not said that you are wrong I have asked why you believe British Soldiers deliberately carried out murder on that day. If murder was done, why no arrests and convictions? The report according to you is conclusive on this point.

As to difference between your favoured sons of Sinn Fein, there is none, they are both murderers they just have avoided conviction. That is my opinion once again. No doubt in one of your reports you will have conclusive evidence that they were good blokes really and they have saved NI from itself.

Hi my name is Sammy and i think that:

At the end of the day, Northern Ireland is a lovely place to live and work for the most part. There aren't Army patrols there anymore, the terrorist threat is vastly reduced and people are for the most part safe to walk around. The Security Services might have been a terrorist organisation in your eyes, but they have been instrumental (and still are) in bringing about the peaceful resolution to the troubles. What would you prefer, them all in jail and people still being murdered?

See what i did there? Good isn't it.