bloody kindle page

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by flynavy, Oct 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. any link i press on the naafi forum takes me straight to amazon kindle page why? i am using a Samsung galaxy tablet
  2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Absolutely every link? Or any in particular? If the former then I doubt it's anything we've done or a whole lot more people would complain than you. If it's just one small area then I suppose we could have some sort of overlap from an ad, but you'd have to say where the problem is for me to have any chance of starting on that. Does the page show an Amazon ad at the time or is it all pages? ie. if you refresh until there is no Amazon ad, does the problem go away?
  3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Has anyone else had a problem like this?
  4. HHH

HHH LE

No, all fine here!
  5. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

On Galaxy tab at the moment. Fine here
  6. I've got Kindle and I have the Kindle App on my laptop. I don't have a problem. I would imagine the prob is at your end (I hasten to add I am not a computer tech)
  7. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

on a PC alls ok but there are lots of kindle and amazon ads.
  8. I'm using a HTC One-X and if you don't wait till the page has loaded completely before clicking a link it takes you to the Kindle page.

Remove the advertising and it should stop the problem.
  9. Using a Toshiba Thrive, and earlier, trying to use the "go to last read" button would result in an Amazon Kindle redirect ...