Bloody Canadians, Coming over Here and Taking Our Jobs...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by JoeCivvie, Nov 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Be thankful he's not Indian.
  2. Or Nigerian, would add a whole new level of realisim to the 419 scam.. ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Or Scottish
    • Like Like x 1
  4. How about the loan of a tenner, guv? :?
  5. Surprise surprise, he went to Oxford.
  6. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Took one of our women, too, and he's over-paid. Sniff.
  7. And Harvard! My worry is that I saw Ed Balls praising him on tv, is that the kiss of death?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Oxford AND Harvard?

Is he some kind of educated Walt?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Brotherton Lad

10. The message sent out by government was ... Not one of our 70 million population was capable of doing the job.
  11. Brotherton Lad

Well, he's one of Her Madge's subjects. His wife is British, his children have dual UK/Canadian citizenship and I understand he will be applying in due course.
  12. Well, going by recent performance in the financial/banking management sector.........
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Funny that. Economist article from the 24/11/2012 issue...

Central banking: Inside job | The Economist

Paragraph 3 in particular:-

"Were he available, Mark Carney, the governor of Canada’s central bank, would be our choice. The head of a central bank with the world’s most international financial centre should have a global outlook; and Mr Carney has an enviable mix of economics know-how, executive ability and experience of financial markets. he has ruled himself out, the chancellor is reportedly left with an all-British"

(my bold)
  14. Fekkin' immigrants. I bet he's got 20 kids and jumped the queue for a council house.