Bloody Canadians, Coming over Here and Taking Our Jobs...

Or Scottish

How about the loan of a tenner, guv? :?

Surprise surprise, he went to Oxford.

Oxford AND Harvard?

Is he some kind of educated Walt?

The message sent out by government was ... Not one of our 70 million population was capable of doing the job.

The message sent out by government was ... Not one of our 70 million population was capable of doing the job.
Well, he's one of Her Madge's subjects. His wife is British, his children have dual UK/Canadian citizenship and I understand he will be applying in due course.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
[h=1]Mark Carney named new Bank of England governor[/h]

BBC News - Mark Carney named new Bank of England governor
Funny that. Economist article from the 24/11/2012 issue...

Central banking: Inside job | The Economist

Paragraph 3 in particular:-

"Were he available, Mark Carney, the governor of Canada’s central bank, would be our choice. The head of a central bank with the world’s most international financial centre should have a global outlook; and Mr Carney has an enviable mix of economics know-how, executive ability and experience of financial markets. he has ruled himself out, the chancellor is reportedly left with an all-British"

(my bold)

Fekkin' immigrants. I bet he's got 20 kids and jumped the queue for a council house.

And the goood thing is that Robert (my dad works in the BOE) Peston did not break the story. Aw Bob did dad let you down
Is that how he broke the Northern Rock story that kicked the financial crisis into life ?