Bloody Aussies

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Lucky_Jim, Oct 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm going to Australia on Tuesday morning for a couple of weeks. Any messages you want me to take?

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

PM me if you get to Sydney - I'll show you round and where to drink :D

3. Tell your man Pietersen to sort his fecking hair out.

4. bring our bloody ashes back! Ditto Ord-Sgts post.

5. Er, Shane Warne ??? Sh1t hair and orange tan!!!

6. ASk the first intelligent Aussie you see the follwoing question.

If Oz is so fucking good why are there so many effing Aussies working in and around London :p

J

7. They're on exchange for an even greater number of Brit backpackers in Australia. Why is it that backpackers of all nationalities don't wash?

8. You'll get the message as soon as you arrive...standing in the long, long queue of upright foreign citizens [must be honest or one would not get a visa] as opposed to being waved through in the short aust criminal line for diggers................therefor my message to pass on is.........checks are made before one boards an aircraft for Aust to rightly keep the illegals out but sort your insulting, intrusive, condescending, rude, oversensitive, thick airport immigration out and take the chip off your collective shoulder!

9. Errrr.... wasn't he born in South Africa?

10. Lucky Jim - slightly serious one. Do not take any food (except if it a highly recognised product - like Marmite - obviously in an unbroken sealed container) - and make sure the soles of your footwear is clean - unless of course you like 'internal examinations' :oops:

11. No chip on my shoulder mate. A number of Arrse members living in Sydney even offerer our man drinks and a tour. Same for me in Melbourne. I think on the whole you will find the experience friendly and happy. Immigration officials are always insulting, intrusive, rude, etc. You really want to be fecked about by immigration official transit through Israel or pretty well any where in South America. What are you expecting? Just play the game; stand in line, be patient, adopt a low profile, don't be clever or smart. There are always plenty of smart arrse people to distract them.

12. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

To be fair I've had no problems with the immigration bods when entering Australia - I've not seen any either. Been in and out about 10 times now. I guess you must have upset somone to garner such attention. Besides everyone knows that these days you should not be surprised if you get messed around at airports - part of the package.

Have to agree with Birdie - although I'm not an Aussie - great country, although it does have it's faults. There is a reason I live here after all.

13. Thanks for the offers Ord Sgt and Birdie - in the event I was getting pished in South Australia, but it was appreciated. Interestingly for those who make the convict jokes (or not, depending on your viewpoint) in SA at least there were only free settlers. And if the UK had migration standards half as strict, we wouldn't have half the problems.