• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Bloody Aussies

ASk the first intelligent Aussie you see the follwoing question.

If Oz is so fucking good why are there so many effing Aussies working in and around London :p

J

BiGbAddAbOOm said:
ASk the first intelligent Aussie you see the follwoing question.

If Oz is so * good why are there so many effing Aussies working in and around London :p

J
They're on exchange for an even greater number of Brit backpackers in Australia. Why is it that backpackers of all nationalities don't wash?

You'll get the message as soon as you arrive...standing in the long, long queue of upright foreign citizens [must be honest or one would not get a visa] as opposed to being waved through in the short aust criminal line for diggers................therefor my message to pass on is.........checks are made before one boards an aircraft for Aust to rightly keep the illegals out but sort your insulting, intrusive, condescending, rude, oversensitive, thick airport immigration out and take the chip off your collective shoulder!

Lucky Jim - slightly serious one. Do not take any food (except if it a highly recognised product - like Marmite - obviously in an unbroken sealed container) - and make sure the soles of your footwear is clean - unless of course you like 'internal examinations' :oops:

exile1 said:
You'll get the message as soon as you arrive...standing in the long, long queue of upright foreign citizens [must be honest or one would not get a visa] as opposed to being waved through in the short aust criminal line for diggers................therefor my message to pass on is.........checks are made before one boards an aircraft for Aust to rightly keep the illegals out but sort your insulting, intrusive, condescending, rude, oversensitive, thick airport immigration out and take the chip off your collective shoulder!
No chip on my shoulder mate. A number of Arrse members living in Sydney even offerer our man drinks and a tour. Same for me in Melbourne. I think on the whole you will find the experience friendly and happy. Immigration officials are always insulting, intrusive, rude, etc. You really want to be fecked about by immigration official transit through Israel or pretty well any where in South America. What are you expecting? Just play the game; stand in line, be patient, adopt a low profile, don't be clever or smart. There are always plenty of smart arrse people to distract them.

To be fair I've had no problems with the immigration bods when entering Australia - I've not seen any either. Been in and out about 10 times now. I guess you must have upset somone to garner such attention. Besides everyone knows that these days you should not be surprised if you get messed around at airports - part of the package.

Have to agree with Birdie - although I'm not an Aussie - great country, although it does have it's faults. There is a reason I live here after all.

Thanks for the offers Ord Sgt and Birdie - in the event I was getting pished in South Australia, but it was appreciated. Interestingly for those who make the convict jokes (or not, depending on your viewpoint) in SA at least there were only free settlers. And if the UK had migration standards half as strict, we wouldn't have half the problems.

Latest Threads