Bloody Aussies

Discussion in 'RAC' started by boilinthebag, Oct 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anybody served with australian troops, and what do you think of them?

Im still surrounded by the scruffy b******s but i would like to hear if anyone else on here has had any experience of working with them, Im sure that there will be some people out there who think that they are "top blokes".

2. ^Certainly the ones who regularly post on ARRSE are top blokes (& top girls for that matter) I'm sure the ones you work with write letters home to their families telling them what a magnificent chap boilinthebag is and how they wish they could be as smart as he is :roll:
  3. I've worked with some. They can come across as being a bit,errm, robust shall we say? Their officers do not act like officers at all. Yeah, call me xxxxxx, not Sir and that was from a Lt Cdr. 8O I've yet to speak to a Lt Cdr in the RN who would say the same thing to a Senior Rate in the mob......

I've also worked with Kiwi's and to a man, they've been obnoxious pr1cks when it came to work but funny as hell on the lash.
  4. the ones i work with are all switched on lads and are very professional in there approach. they all have massive side burns, the chicks they have with them are of a higher standard than ours. the trouble is that they occupy the gym, like germans beside a pool. and tend to have clothes that frodo baggins would were in order to make themselves look massive. apart from that, they are sound chaps, quite happy that they have my back. thinking about transfering.
  5. Ok abacus,

maybe i put my point across incorrectly, i certainly agree that i have also worked withsome top blokes from the aussie army, however this has been when working on a one to one basis. i.e When they have been attached to our unit on exercise long look etc.

The point i failed to get across is that when they are altogether as we are serving with them at the moment they come across as being very arrogant and anti brit, "Im sick to death of these pommie b******s" being the usual crack we have to put up with, they also have a nice habit of trying to blade us at every opportunity for certain things.

Maybe the aussies do write home and tell there mates what a great bloke i am, i am only expressing an opinion, which i thought was the main reason for coming onto forums like this one???
  6. Individually can be fine chaps and they are generally pretty robust........but like the Irish, they do have this post-colonial collective chip on both shoulders. I would say that the old 'diggers' were fine but with the influx of non ango-saxon/irish/scots plus the poisonous influence from the west coast of america of 'PC/touchy feely/poofs are ok' scenario has resulted in changes for the worse.
    [Bit like UK really...............[awaiting flak]
  7. still sound lads, but i get what u mean about being arrogant buggers. they also have no crack or sense of humour whats so ever. i always reply with ur all bloody convicts any way, the dust bin of europe. just like the states. usually shuts them up and have been fine since then. let them no that brits still lord it over them and u will have no problems
  8. I would say they can come across as 'Know it alls' - the old 'when we was in Timor' stuff.

Their Officers seem insecure and crave the approval of all ranks, as above the first names basis thing. Their Officers are perhaps the weak link.

Funniest thing is their Mess Kit - they look like Spanish waiters :D They are also issued patent shoes with thick rubber soles for thier Mess Kit and they look appalling
  9. Well, as an Irish Australian that puts me in the Big Chip On Both Shoulders League. :)

Although, I guess if you study the history of both Australia and Ireland (By Patrick O'Farrell) you can understand the feelings of the Irish and Australians towards the English aristocracy; for it was the English aristocracy that caused such hardship to both of these countries.

Never the less, Australia does have a love hate relationship with the old POM and I dare say that is why we love to beat them at every sport known to mankind, but at the same time, welcome them as New Chums, even though to this day, they continue to be a mob of whingers.

Yes, the PC/Touchy Feely/Poof Syndrome that is so rampant in the UK is a bit of a worry and us fairdinkum blokes and sheilas are concerned that we could go the way of the UK! 8O

Anyhow, Australia is still The Lucky Country, and so long as the Australian Government continues to make statements like this, it will in my book, continue to be The Lucky Country.

Get out if you want Sharia law, Australia tells Muslims

CANBERRA: Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown.

Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state and its laws were made by parliament.

"If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you," he said on national television.

"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia, one the Australian law and another the Islamic law, that that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country which practises it, perhaps, then, that s a better option," Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked move to the other country.

Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off". "

Basically, people who don't want to be Australians, and they don't want to live by Australian values and understand them, well then they can basically clear off," he said.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spies monitoring the nation's mosques.
  10. Don't know about serving with 'em, try marrying one!! Adds a whole new meaning to the phrase "Ball & Chain" The long haired generals a great lass but everything Aussie is bigger, stronger, faster. Gotta love her though. There pretty much like the Brits in my experience, friendly as you like on their own turf but move them overseas in a group and stand-by. One thing they always bitch about.......You can't get a decent cup of Milo anywhere but Australia. We use it like Horlicks before bed, they use it as an energy drink. Go figure!
  11. Without the Australian Armed Forces ALL of the British Civvies who got caught up in the Bali bombing would have been in the sh*t or even Died!
    The support from the UK Government was ZIP and still is! Actually they inhibited the extraction of the injured.
    When the sh*t hits the fan they are a Top bunch and I for one would be Honoured to have them fight along side me!