Blood test?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Renski, Jun 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive got another medical coming and ive been told they've started taking blood samples.

I'm clean as whisle these days :( , and my blood gets screened by the national blood service every four months so ive got nothing to worry about. But out of intrested, whats it for?
  2. msr

msr LE

Blood Group I would imagine. If you have your donor card, take it along.

3. Its more likely to be an insidious effort by the MOD to clone more soldiers. After all its all one army now so maybe we all need to look even more the same.
  4. If not blood group, its to make sure you have'nt been naughty and been partaking in the occasional illegal substance.
  5. Bit unfair then as they've been taking samples off new bodies who havnt swore to the queen that they won't be a naughty boy anymore, like the rest of us.
  6. Diabetes check and blood grouping I think, its certainly been part of the medical longer than CDT has been around.
  7. A compulsory addition to the national DNA database as with other groups such as the Police who are also compulsory additions!

Did they not tell you?
  8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Diabetes check is done through the urine sample. It'll just be a blood group check.
  9. "Forward as one" gets a whole new meaning 8O .

*DS walks into a room of recruits*
    "Who are you?"
    *recruits, as one* "We are Squiddly"

:p :twisted:
  10. If it's a DNA test you can find out who your Dad is.
  11. Will that mean an end to the "fatherless" jibes? :twisted:
  12. The blood sample could be to check your cholesterol
  13. Blood sugar levels?
  14. I think it's just blood type.

I took along my Blood Donor card, showed it and didn't have to have any blood taken.

The Urine sample is for blood sugar i think.

I dont think there is a drugs test as part of the medical.