Blood, bombs and boys talk

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skynet, Dec 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From The Sunday Times
    December 13, 2009
    Blood, bombs and boys' talk
    When you’ve lost your legs, do you lose hope? The Sunday Times had exclusive access to some of the most seriously wounded young soldiers. One is his brother. Their stories — and humour — reveal extraordinary courage
  2. I've worked with Martin Tye, pretty shite to know he's been injured to be honest, he always struck me as a good lad. Gutted for him.
  3. Typical of Alex to steal the show! Good article - a little dubious about the ethics of reporting on events you were privy to as a relative, but nonetheless, the sort of article that needs to be written.

4. Sad stories, but they must be told. Wishing all a speedy recovery from their injuries.
  5. very well written, and I think it was good to be able to use his "relative" stance to tell his story.
  6. Great article, good to see the lads making the most of the humour especially the Rfn and the marble.
  7. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Good to see a well written piece.

Think it presents a very clear picture of reality for those badly wounded.
  8. An incredible piece.!

The resilience of those men is mind blowing. I wish them all the best in their recovery.

Thanks for posting
  9. Quality bit this:

I asked one of the soldiers whether he’d get a medal equivalent to America’s Purple Heart, automatically awarded to US soldiers wounded in action. “No. That would be like admitting you’ve got shit drills,” he replied.
  10. I read the piece yesterday. I think it is an excellent bit of writing - not least because the author is an 'insider' with no need to ask the daft/insensitive/sensation-seeking "how does it feel . . ." questions that seem to pass for journalism these days.

As an aside, I instantly clocked the RAMC Brig in charge of the mil wing at Selly Oak, who is married to one of my wife's old nursing mates. He is an 18-carat top bloke, and I am really pleased the lads there have got him looking after their interests.