Blood Boiling!!!!!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Pile, Apr 2, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fcuking French!!!!   :mad:

A British military cemetery in France has been desecrated with anti-war graffiti.

The memorial at Etaples, near Boulogne, was daubed in red paint with the insults "Rosbeefs (British) go home", "Saddam will win and he will make you bleed".

Another said: "Dig up your rubbish, it is contaminating our soil."

French officials said opposition to war in Iraq was no excuse for venting hatred.

The vandalism was discovered by workers at the site who then set to work to remove the paint.

They had to grind down the stone to remove the shadow of the words left behind.

Peter Francis, of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission, said the incident was "particularly foul".

"The reaction of the people who found it was shock, upset and disgust, which was our reaction as well," he said.

"I think that was also the reaction of the local people and the French authorities."

Some 11,000 British servicemen and women are buried at the cemetery, most of whom died defending France in WWI.

Fresh from Sky news, Picture at:,,30000-12278816,00.html
  2. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

We should exile George Galloway, MP for Baghdad East there so he can eat cheese ans surrender with his mates.
  3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

And I thought the Iraqis were bad enough wrecking the CWGC cemeteries in Baghdad and Basra.

Unbeleiveable- That they can desecrate a Cemetery of servicemen that fell defending their territory against an aggressor!

Having been a regular WW1 battlefield tourer, I will take great pleasure of reminding the French of their behaviour in Etaples. I only hope those who did it are found and flogged.

I found it staggering that people cannot find other ways of expressing an opinion, these are places relatives come to honour their family and to see it defaced like this is beyond the Pale.

Bring back Henry V! [​IMG]

This says it all

4. Correct me if i'm wrong but even the Germans in WWII left the Cemetaries alone.

Like every one else this really pis*es me off!
  5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

They even repaired the Menin Gate at Ypres, when we, the British damaged it in 1940.

French gits- !
  6. Don`t blame every Frenchman for the actions of one French yob .
    There have been plenty of war memorials in this country damaged by British yobs .

Bring back the birch !
  7. Just a qoute to illustrate Matts point.  
  8. PTP, why did you move something as serious as UK war graves being desecrated into the NAAFI bar?  This is, I believe, a serious debate, not NAAFI banter.
  9. It is serious, but it's descending into F-words and understandably so

However, the Crapauds, have expressed their horror as well, and are launching an investigation tout de suite.

Net result, this thread gets moved to the NAFFI bar, so people can express their disgust Weapons Free.
  10. PTP, are you losing it?  Or declaring your own style of democracy on ARRSE?

Lipstick, like I've said before, I’m masturbating for peace.  Hence I haven't the fooking energy to logon.
  11. No Mighty, your thinking of my cellar.  Are you having any flash backs then?
  12. This is called progress in France. If you look at WWII - Cold War - War on Terrorism, you can see clear progress for the French, as they simply cut out the humiliating military defeat/quick surrender and just went from appeasement straight to corroboration.

There is one decent Frenchman though:
  13. Have all my Christmas's come at once?

A yank in the Naafi bar, a civvy Yank at that. ;D
  14. Totally agree with you Pile.
    Fcuking French.
    I saw the photos of the memorial in a couple of papers today at work.