Blood and bravery on the table: treating wounded troops

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skynet, Aug 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: Afghan fighting - the latest reports.
    Posted: 2020 26/01/06
    From Times Online
    August 13, 2009
    Blood and bravery on the table: treating wounded troops in Afghanistan

Beneath the warmth of the early morning’s summer sky a familiar day begins at Camp Bastion’s hospital. The bodies of three dead British soldiers, brought in by a Chinook Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT) shortly after 6 a.m, are already lying in the morgue. Two were killed in action, the third died of wounds before he could be operated on. A fourth British soldier, an additional morning arrival, lies sedated in intensive care with a leg blown off.
  2. A very sobering article.
  3. 'Bastion’s military hospital has transformed itself since British troops set up base here in 2006, developing from an ad hoc collection of tents into one of the world’s busiest trauma hospitals, treating 623 patients in the past three weeks alone. More than half of these have been British soldiers'

I work that out to be 100 British casualties per week!!! I know that not all of those are combat related casualties but I can't recall any official figures been released. If these numbers are true, no wonder they are kept quiet!!!

4. EDITED: sorry didn't read properly