Blokey companies

I don't have a link and I'm relying on (possibly confused) memory here. The French had/have a system where personal details on CVs are masked and each CV has a serial number. All that an employer sees is the qualifications and professional experience.

The system was introduced because CVs belonging to people with non-French surnames were going straight in the bin. Immigrants and their descendants weren't even getting interviews.

Possibly we need a similar system in the UK. Given modern IT systems, it should be easy to mask age, gender and race on CVs. It might help to an extent.

That will never do. How else are they supposed to employ the right on candidate over the well qualified one if they don't have access to those woke right on credentials?

Bluenose2

Old-Salt
That will never do. How else are they supposed to employ the right on candidate over the well qualified one if they don't have access to those woke right on credentials?
Both my last two clients in HE (one step from public sector) used anonymised CVs for candidate selection.

It is designed to prevent bias against minorities and women but in reality it tends to undermine any diversity targets they have. It prevents positive as well as negative discrimination. Consequently if the role is typically male/white historically, that bias is preserved through selecting the more experienced candidates.

It's also easy to tell someone's gender and ethnicity with a fair degree of accuracy simply from their education history, interests, bio etc. Likewise their actual identity by checking LinkedIn for their current job title!

I've just spoken to my lad who is 30 and looking for a new job - he's a software developer, so his skills should be in demand. He keeps getting down to last three and is now of the view he is losing out to ethnic minorities and women. He's getting a very strong steer from recruiters that he's the wrong colour and wrong sex - its dressed up as 'diversity is a recruitment priority', so its not being called out for what it is which is discrimination. He's pretty disillusioned with the whole thing.
If society wanted to provoke an entire generation into a malevolent right wing male backlash, with all the energies and dangerous competencies that would unleash, I can't think of a better way to go about it.

The wokists and PC ideologues are playing with fire. They literally have no idea how dangerous their social engineering is.

There was a story in the papers today about a graduate banker who successfully sued her employer due to banter, and their refusal to reduce her working hours below 40-45/week.

I read that story if it's the one I'm thinking of, her manager referred to one of their team as "that Italian guy" and she went to HR claiming he was racist!

At some point the higher ups (male/female/whatever) will need to put a lid on all this crap to get the jobs done. Performance matters, and that means choosing candidates with the best track record.

Right now it's a very powerful tool to use in company politics - nobble your rivals by accusing them of whatever-ism. Remember that most managers simply don't care about customers, or shareholders, or employees, or the brand. They just want to get what they can personally and they'll burn the business to the ground (metaphorically, usually) to get it. Then move onto the next company to bleed dry.

D

Deleted 136127

I wonder what the job adverts for this lot looked like?

1EC6B7E4-4408-4E95-A24F-85AE887043D3.jpeg

Todays Torygraph….

Active diversity shouldn't even have to be a thing - it should be a based on merit and ability to do or train into job. You cannot fix at job level an imbalance created in basic education choices.

One of the kid's friends did a mechanical engineering degree. Small, pretty, fiercely clever, good team player. She got so sick of being trollied out as the poster girl instead of doing the work that she quit and is now teaching maths. A waste of a genuinely bright mind's original ambition.

I observed the Army doing the same thing with its ethnic minority recruits.

It is designed to prevent bias against minorities and women but in reality it tends to undermine any diversity targets they have. It prevents positive as well as negative discrimination. Consequently if the role is typically male/white historically, that bias is preserved through selecting the more experienced candidates.

There is no such thing.

There is only discrimination.

If society wanted to provoke an entire generation into a malevolent right wing male backlash, with all the energies and dangerous competencies that would unleash, I can't think of a better way to go about it.

The wokists and PC ideologues are playing with fire. They literally have no idea how dangerous their social engineering is.

Ты говоришь им товарищ

Latest Threads