Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Bloke on the Range videos

Actually, that was fascinating with much that I had never heard before. On a slightly less serious note I thought the primary Swiss defence was their prices which no belligerent could possible afford. As an aside, I am shocked that there was graffiti on the wall behind you. How could that possibly be as I remember my short time in Switzerland as being on a continuous prevention of a desire to litter.

It's not a low tax/graffiti environment, it's just a lower tax/graffiti environment ;)

Nicely done Stoaty. Those bandoliers are a pain however they are used.

I am sorry but as soon as you started off, in my head I was singing "Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler" etc etc.

Stoaty Elsewhere

How would you compare your experiences shooting in Canada versus Switzerland? I am referring to comparing the informal sort of shooting we saw you do in the video in Canada versus shooting in a club setting as we normally see you do in Switzerland.

Of course there's no reason that someone can't enjoy doing both, but are there any observations that you would like to offer about any aspects of your trip?

How would you compare your experiences shooting in Canada versus Switzerland? I am referring to comparing the informal sort of shooting we saw you do in the video in Canada versus shooting in a club setting as we normally see you do in Switzerland.

Of course there's no reason that someone can't enjoy doing both, but are there any observations that you would like to offer about any aspects of your trip?

I would very much like to be able to go out into the boonies and brass up Crown Land like that here. I could do so much more channel-wise if that were possible :)

That was excellent and an example of what YouTube allows: a discussion by real authorities about a subject that a mainstream broadcaster would not cover in similar depth (and arguably could never have covered, even in the heyday of public service broadcasting).
I hope there are more to come.

Absolutely brilliant.:thumleft:

Thanks.

Seems to have upset a few American commenters though cos I was doing this:

1536308973216.png

Thanks.

Seems to have upset a few American commenters though cos I was doing this:

View attachment 350119
On another channel run by someone in the UK, he had to be careful not to point his pistols directly at the camera when talking about them, as otherwise American viewers would post to complain about how they nearly voided themselves when they saw it. Apparently they were concerned about the possibility of an ND and having the bullet travel through the Internet and out of the screen on their PC.

He also gets Americans posting comments complaining when he calls a "revolver" a "pistol", because to these fountains of wisdom a revolver cannot be a type of pistol.

When you show yourself to have any depth of knowledge about a subject on Youtube, you will get people who want to show that their own expertise is even greater by attacking you about various details. I'm not referring to pointing out important relevant errors, I'm talking about looking for various minor things they can nit pick on. They will often swear to things that are patently false. This is why most Youtube comments aren't worth reading, although in your case you need to wade through the sewer for the sake of "viewer engagement" to promote your channel (this is one of the reasons why being a Youtube star isn't all fame, fortune, and women throwing themselves at you and begging to be permitted to bear your child).

There is a certain type of American who seems to feel that being American makes them an expert on all things firearms related, and he sits on the edge of his seat looking for anything he can try to show you up on. You should have told them that the rifle was actually an air-soft because people aren't allowed to have real guns in Canada. They probably would have believed you.