Bloke on the Range videos

I must say that ACOG with internal adjustments is WAY better than SUSAT with the look-at-it-funny-and-it-loses-zero mount.

At least you've used a SA80 with a SUSAT. All I ever got to use was the iron sights. And I didn't like them at all.

At least you've used a SA80 with a SUSAT. All I ever got to use was the iron sights. And I didn't like them at all.
I had the pleasure with the iron sights on the Cadet GP, using them in competition. We weren't convinced that the elevation disk in the GP's rearsight actually did anything - or at least, from 200 to 300 yds the difference in point of impact was significantly less than the size of the group we could shoot with the damn things so if there was a difference in the height of the holes you couldn't tell.

I have little idea of how this comment relates to the vid I made. Either he's very hard of thinking and of comprehension, or was watching in his head a video he thought I'd made rather than the one I actually made... :/

1540756473432.png

ugly

LE
I must say that ACOG with internal adjustments is WAY better than SUSAT with the look-at-it-funny-and-it-loses-zero mount.
I must have had the only good one, it parted company with the rifle whilst being carried up a Golf Tower on the border. |It must have fallen over 100 feet and hit a few things on the way down but was reassembled/attached to my rifle and needed only a minor adjustment at zeroing!
Mind you a decent scope wouldn't have vibrated loose!

ugly

LE
An interesting subject in itself and also a category for historics at Bisley nowadays. Its nice to see them out and shooting. I used a P14 rebarrelled to 7.62 to score a possible at 1000 yards in a stiff wind whilst the Navy using Musgraves were struggling to get inners.

Off Topic: I pushed the boat out to buy a modern wool jacket. It's great!

43BA084B-6EE0-412A-93F6-387046F55FA9.jpeg

ugly

LE
Have have a No.4 MkI/II FTR which is centre bedded and, once the crap of ages was scraped off, found to bear the legend "Regulated by Fultons". Centre beeded as you describe.

Sadly, when I picked it up for the princely sum of £50 the target sights had long gone and had to fit a ladder sight and new foresight blade to suit.

But it still shoots well enough and, subject to operator error, will with my own handloads put up a respectable, performance at 1000yds. Well, somewhere on the black bit of target at least....

Off Topic: I pushed the boat out to buy a modern wool jacket. It's great!

People who do medieval re-enactment and had historically accurate clothing made from historically accurate material have said the same about wool. It is comfortable to wear over a much wider range of temperatures than either cotton or modern synthetic materials.

This is related to part of the reason why medieval clothing styles look "odd" to modern eyes, as they seem to be over dressed for summer weather while in the actual clothing of the era they would have been comfortable.

This difference in clothing in turn has been suggested as part of the reason why historical knife fighting styles differ from modern ones, but that is another story altogether.

I really enjoyed that Video.I have a few Lee Enfield Target Rifles back home.My favourite is a MK1 with a "H" Barrel fitted and PH5A Rear sight.I have shot quite a few animals with that.

Another of my favourites is a N04 with diopter sights that is also stamped by Fultons.

The most puzzling is a Mk1 with an unusally heavy barrel by the standards of the day that has "Jessups fluid pressed steel" stamped on it.

If you fancey a trip to Norway,you could do a video on the Krag Jorgenson ,H&K 416/417 and perhaps the F variant of the K98.

People who do medieval re-enactment and had historically accurate clothing made from historically accurate material have said the same about wool. It is comfortable to wear over a much wider range of temperatures than either cotton or modern synthetic materials.

This is related to part of the reason why medieval clothing styles look "odd" to modern eyes, as they seem to be over dressed for summer weather while in the actual clothing of the era they would have been comfortable.

This difference in clothing in turn has been suggested as part of the reason why historical knife fighting styles differ from modern ones, but that is another story altogether.
When filiming in >30°C heat in Canada I didn't have an immediate urge to remove my BD blouse at the slightest opportunity, or even to open the collar. We were both just wearing T-shirts under the BD, but if someone wearing stripes told me I couldn't take off the blouse it wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest.

If I'd been wearing a thin fleece or something similar in synthetic fibres (even just my Swiss edelweiss shirt) I'd have been gasping.

Also - yes, you're right that they look over-dressed in summer. They also look under-dressed in winter.

As for underwater knife fighting I couldn't possible comment :)

BTW there's another 50 Ping patches and another 100 Hold My Tea patches ordered and on the way :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dicky Ticker Miscellaneous Jokes 0
Dogdrool Waltenkommando 32
supermatelot The NAAFI Bar 88