Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Bloke on the Range videos

Sumpftarn (Swamp camo).........you will make old GSG-9'er's of a certain age go all weak at the knee's showing that. It has an ueber-allyness rating along the lines of the older blokes wearing their original issue sumpftarn jackets like old para's used to wear their Denison smocks well after the intro of DPM.

It's Splinter, not Sumpftarn :p /pedantry

I'm not going to make a suggestion on the decorations here, just a suggestion on how to accommodate the suggestions. You might look into doing a green-screen set up which would let you insert whatever background images you want in post-production. You could then pull suggestions from Patreon supporters out of a hat and, assuming the suggestion is acceptable, have that as the background for one episode. That would give a wider selection of people a chance to "win", and it would be an ongoing thing rather than a one-off. One way of doing it would be to provide a gallery of photos and let each person either select one or provide one of his own.

I've no experience doing green-screen stuff myself, but there are a couple of Youtube channels I watch which use it, so it can't be too exotic in terms of software.

I'm not going to make a suggestion on the decorations here, just a suggestion on how to accommodate the suggestions. You might look into doing a green-screen set up which would let you insert whatever background images you want in post-production. You could then pull suggestions from Patreon supporters out of a hat and, assuming the suggestion is acceptable, have that as the background for one episode. That would give a wider selection of people a chance to "win", and it would be an ongoing thing rather than a one-off. One way of doing it would be to provide a gallery of photos and let each person either select one or provide one of his own.

I've no experience doing green-screen stuff myself, but there are a couple of Youtube channels I watch which use it, so it can't be too exotic in terms of software.

The issue with greenscreen is actually rather in terms of lighting so that you don't get shadows on your screen which are then not removed by the "video merge" filter that does the thing.

It's Splinter, not Sumpftarn :p /pedantry
After Inspiration from Stoatman i feel this is the way to go. Got one on E-Bay for 15 Euros just the Job for the garden etc.
s-l1600.jpg

The prettiest .380/200 on the planet :p

26233578_543963485986484_6723816650772766560_o.jpg

Very (cough, cough ) nice!... but you really do need to stop letting your daughter choose your colour palette..!

..you'll be putting ribbons on your sling swivels next! *

*not sure what this statement is a euphemism for.. I might ask for suggestions?

Very (cough, cough ) nice!... but you really do need to stop letting your daughter choose your colour palette..!

..you'll be putting ribbons on your sling swivels next! *

*not sure what this statement is a euphemism for.. I might ask for suggestions?

Never underestimate the benefits of letting the kids choose the colours :)