Bloke on the Range videos

A little teaser. I'm rather proud of this intro so I turned it into a preview :)

Just won an e-bay auction for one of the Savage Mk.1 rearsights for the No.4, with the small battle aperture.

IIRC I'm still looking for an all-stamped "Mk.II"-marked sight (i.e .Mk.3) with large battle aperture, and an all-stamped Mk.III-marked sight (i.e. mk. 4, but NOT the part-stamped Canadian one) with a small battle aperture.

I might already have one or other of those though and I can't be arrsed to go down 3 flights of stairs to look :p

That is very professional looking editing by the way, even though it is intended to be satire.
Thanks. It was a bit epic on the editing front. Here's what the French verson's editing timeline looks like:

1526845437884.png

It was kinda an "oh sh1t, I can't really use the footage as intended, how do I make it make sense as a standalone video?" :D :D :D

ugly

LE
Video editing is an art, a dark art!

@stoatman have you been banned from YouTube? Just seen Karl’s message.

Free the Swiss one!

Ah,have not utube decided to ban anything gun related?
Forgotten weapons is still up so it's not necessarily gun related content yet BotR gives:

This account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, deceptive practices and misleading content or other Terms of Service violations.

I also just checked as BotR is one of my subscriptions and also got:

This account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, deceptive practices and misleading content or other Terms of Service violations.

and yet there are still lots of gratuitous gun videos on there.

WTF? Its a bloke, on a range, with a gun.......deceptive practices and misleading content? It says the content right in the name....

WTF? Its a bloke, on a range, with a gun.......deceptive practices and misleading content? It says the content right in the name....
There is that catchall "... or other ToS violations." you'll notice.

Apparently Youtube is having more and more issues with this sort of thing because the banning is often done by software without any actual human involvement on their part or any real explanation.

There is that catchall "... or other ToS violations." you'll notice.

Apparently Youtube is having more and more issues with this sort of thing because the banning is often done by software without any actual human involvement on their part or any real explanation.
Quite possibly one or more of the retards from the YouTube comments section that the Bloke has been slapping around decided to file some bogus complaints against him with YouTube. The complaint wouldn't necessarily be actually read by someone. Most likely it would just be analysed by an AI system and the existence of any complaints used as a black mark against the channel. Once you get enough points against you, you get suspended.

As you said, it's all done with software without any human involvement unless it gets to a fairly high level, and the latter may only happen if you have enough subscribers to make it worth their while. I do know for a certainty that YouTube had someone develop an AI system for them which would automatically analyse the YouTube comments and "score" the channel based on the tone and sentiment of the comments with a view to using that input as part of a system for automatically demonetising or banning channels.

What probably would get it reversed is if enough other YouTubers with enough subscribers (e.g. more than 100,000 each) make enough of a fuss over it that it comes to the attention of people at a high enough level in YouTube to reverse this.

The same thing happened to another channel, Thegn Thrand (or something like that), either last year or early this year. I don't watch that channel myself, but the guy running it is friends with a number of long established prominent YouTubers who did make a fuss over it and YouTube scuttled backwards rapidly in a cloud of ink and restored his channel.

This is why if you are a YouTuber it is probably a very good idea to make friends with other YouTubers and support each other even if you aren't doing exactly the same sort of content (although you ought to have at least some overlap in interests). Having Lindbybeige on (as BoTR did a while ago) is exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. If BoTR manages to get his YouTube channel restored, I can suggest a few other YouTubers he might want to start talking to for mutual support and cross-promotion.

I have just messaged the stupid cuñts at you tube.

Dear Stupid cuñts You have banned a channel I subscribe to "Bloke on the range" this is a very informative channel about historical firearms. Why is there this sudden vendetta against anything firearms related including this channel? Bloke on the range is breaking no laws and is engaging in totally lawful pursuits. I notice over on you tube Red you are promoting Cobra Kai, a martial arts program where disputes are settled with physical violence. Your hypocrisy is evident. You stupid cuñts

I have just messaged the stupid cuñts at you tube.

Dear Stupid cuñts You have banned a channel I subscribe to "Bloke on the range" this is a very informative channel about historical firearms. Why is there this sudden vendetta against anything firearms related including this channel? Bloke on the range is breaking no laws and is engaging in totally lawful pursuits. I notice over on you tube Red you are promoting Cobra Kai, a martial arts program where disputes are settled with physical violence. Your hypocrisy is evident. You stupid cuñts
That'll help.

Guess who's now banned...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Uncle_Fetser Aviation 0
H Weapons, Equipment & Rations 6
BedIn AGC, RAPTC and SASC 33