Bloke on the Range videos

The N3 angled is great, possibly *too* great. The slant brake is surprisingly effective for something so dumb and simple.
This video came across as being like one of your "teaser previews" of something you will cover later in more detail. If that's not what it was, then I suspect that many of your audience would appreciate a more in-depth explanation of what and why.

This video came across as being like one of your "teaser previews" of something you will cover later in more detail. If that's not what it was, then I suspect that many of your audience would appreciate a more in-depth explanation of what and why.
Yup, it is. Whenever I manage to get around to it! I tried to film a full vid with explanations, but it was too loud in there and in the end I only used the shooting footage.

TamH70

MIA
The N3 angled is great, possibly *too* great. The slant brake is surprisingly effective for something so dumb and simple.

Found a new mod to ask for someone to make for me for use in the STALKER games. That N3 angled brake looks quality.

Lookie what I dun got :)

I seem to remember reading at some point in the very distant past that these Swiss rifles formed part of the large number of weapons that were smuggled into Ulster for use by Loyalist supporters, they were carried by the SS Clyde (?) and were brought ashore on the Antrim coast. The were then transported by lorry to be cached in old lead mines. Don't think that very many were recovered.

Now, where's my metal detector, Antrim OS Map for 1900 and my Search Training Pamphlet ?

I seem to remember reading at some point in the very distant past that these Swiss rifles formed part of the large number of weapons that were smuggled into Ulster for use by Loyalist supporters, they were carried by the SS Clyde (?) and were brought ashore on the Antrim coast. The were then transported by lorry to be cached in old lead mines. Don't think that very many were recovered.

Now, where's my metal detector, Antrim OS Map for 1900 and my Search Training Pamphlet ?
I have handled one,of that hoard. Quite unfit to fire but all intact. I was told that it had been unofficially saved from a Loyalist dump which was going to be entirely scrapped under supervision. I'd bet that there are more out there.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
So it's firmly established that you're not a 1911 fan, but Mr Browning's HP 35 seems to still be fricking awesome!

I shot a P38 (complete with Waffenfabrik stamp IIRC) a couple of decades ago (erm, nearly thirty years ago actually - where did the years go?); IIRC it was a good pistol, but nowhere near as good as the Browning L9A1 fired alongside. I'm sure I took some happy snaps (it was a cabby range day, and among the pistols available were P38 & L9A1, along with Walther P5, Ruger Speed Six, Makarov PM, 1911 & Beretta 92 / M9), I'll see if I can find any of the pics. Of all the pistols fired, by far the best was the L9A1 (IMHO).

Initially I wasn't a Browning fan, but as I got better at shooting it grew on me massively and I learned to appreciate it. My dot-equipped Glock eats its lunch for practical shooting though! :D

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Initially I wasn't a Browning fan, but as I got better at shooting it grew on me massively and I learned to appreciate it. My dot-equipped Glock eats its lunch for practical shooting though! :D
Having shot both fairly extensively, I was a far better shot with the Browning (some of that may well have been familiarity with L9A1,but I found the Browning far more comfortable to hold, due to stumpy fingers!).

These arrived today!
245512070_1516420365407453_1945625572664945866_n.jpg

245640768_1516420368740786_981376878692565462_n.jpg

245720919_1516420362074120_9121622721340324207_n.jpg

Latest Threads