Bloke on the Range videos

My inquisitive nature kinda wants me to ask how it is applied'

My weak stomach forbids the enquiry.
What, other than to the inside of a Noddy suit? :razz:

I heard that in some cultures, activated charcoal is an aphrodisiac :p
Well sort of, the chinese used black powder not just to blow up things, but due to invigorating effect of nitrate on fire BP was considered to be some kind of elixir. In fact according to some sources BP was inadvertently invented during the search for a medicine to make the then emperor live for ever.
Try some in your coffee. ;)

gorillaguts981

War Hero
If by 'elixir' you mean something that gives you explosive shits when ingested, then OK. Be careful when biting the end off your BP cartridges. From one who knows.

Question for @4(T) : are all L39A1 receivers cut for 7.62mm mags? Mine is, and looks like it was done at the factory rather than later since there's no difference to the finishing on the cutouts.

4(T)

LE
Question for @4(T) : are all L39A1 receivers cut for 7.62mm mags? Mine is, and looks like it was done at the factory rather than later since there's no difference to the finishing on the cutouts.

I understand that all of the factory 7.62mm rifles (L42, L39, 762 CONV, Envoy, Enforcer) were milled - even though the L39s were sent out without 7.62mm mags. I suppose they had one jig set up for L42 conversions and a bloke sat there working through a bin full of receivers.

On some receivers you can't see anything, presumably because that particular receiver happened to have been a bit over-cut when it was built as a .303. I find that about 1/3 of .303 No4s will take an Enfield 7.62mm mag without further alteration.

I understand that all of the factory 7.62mm rifles (L42, L39, 762 CONV, Envoy, Enforcer) were milled - even though the L39s were sent out without 7.62mm mags. I suppose they had one jig set up for L42 conversions and a bloke sat there working through a bin full of receivers.

On some receivers you can't see anything, presumably because that particular receiver happened to have been a bit over-cut when it was built as a .303. I find that about 1/3 of .303 No4s will take an Enfield 7.62mm mag without further alteration.
Thanks!

One to get the Cold Warriors' swonnicles revolving :)

HE117

LE
One to get the Cold Warriors' swonnicles revolving :)

...those first two shots were like a Deltic startup! Oil in the carb sir?

Nice, who did the refurb?
No idea, to be honest. But it's a new barrel and new furniture, and the bolt/carrier are renumbered with an electropencil so I guess Enfield??? No idea who it was done for or for what purpose, or when either. But there's a whole batch of the things on the Euro market.

The civvy proof mark will date from when they were sold off, and is quite modern, so doesn't help us either...

...those first two shots were like a Deltic startup! Oil in the carb sir?
Isn't it just glorious? :p:cool:

I've got some film of the first shot out of a 9-million s/n M16A1 too. The oil in that's mine though, cos it was dry as a bone...

@HE117 Here you go. First shot out of an M16A1 that was produced and test fired some time around when I was born, plus/minus a few years :)

No idea, to be honest. But it's a new barrel and new furniture, and the bolt/carrier are renumbered with an electropencil so I guess Enfield??? No idea who it was done for or for what purpose, or when either. But there's a whole batch of the things on the Euro market.

The civvy proof mark will date from when they were sold off, and is quite modern, so doesn't help us either...
Mine was done by Luxemburg Defence Technologies, new barrel and new bolt carrier. They did about 1000 SLRs, all long since sold.

So I got talked into doing one of those pushup challenge things... So I went a bit OTT and all Cold War on it - including badly-tied puttees for CCF officer style points! :D

Tsk tsk, exhale when pushing up, inhale when expanding the chest going down (or at the top for a breather, maybe). Well done, you look worryingly similar to the star of the Survive to Fight pamphlet!

Mine was done by Luxemburg Defence Technologies, new barrel and new bolt carrier. They did about 1000 SLRs, all long since sold.
Mine has a British commercial proof so I guess not Luxdeftec...

HE117

LE
@HE117 Here you go. First shot out of an M16A1 that was produced and test fired some time around when I was born, plus/minus a few years :)

Boinnng!

Excellent stuff !