Bloke on the Range videos

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Smock envy is a weird thing. As an ex mob, now civvy shooter I was a tad surprised to find itis not allowed to wear issue MTP kit (which I have in abundance) or even DPM kit (of which I have even more) on MOD ranges. I was scrabbling sound for something suitable, and found an old yank desert pattern cam M65 jacket which I’d picked up in Iraq, (along with several camp beds obvs). I’d have been much more happy in one of my old windproof smocks but the yank thing works fine, and I wear it for all ranges now, pretty much. Funny thing is I’ve had several other shooters comment on it asking where they could get one (the answer “about ten k west of Basra” doesn’t win me any friends, but screw them, they’re the ones asking about a bloody jacket).

I guess it’s the ‘something different must be better’ theory, personally I miss wearing my old wind proof....

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Having watched and followed in rage for some time, I find Karl a bit Of a prick.

Like it’s his train set etc. Ian and mike make Perfect partners in both sense’s.

ugly

LE
Smock envy is a weird thing. As an ex mob, now civvy shooter I was a tad surprised to find itis not allowed to wear issue MTP kit (which I have in abundance) or even DPM kit (of which I have even more) on MOD ranges. I was scrabbling sound for something suitable, and found an old yank desert pattern cam M65 jacket which I’d picked up in Iraq, (along with several camp beds obvs). I’d have been much more happy in one of my old windproof smocks but the yank thing works fine, and I wear it for all ranges now, pretty much. Funny thing is I’ve had several other shooters comment on it asking where they could get one (the answer “about ten k west of Basra” doesn’t win me any friends, but screw them, they’re the ones asking about a bloody jacket).

I guess it’s the ‘something different must be better’ theory, personally I miss wearing my old wind proof....
Those rules on Dpm issue kit can safely be ignored it was a policy thing by the NRA who used to admin civvies on mod ranges and they wanted no military kit as it presented the wrong image!
Told this on an RCO course in 1990 and the RCO’s were told to enforce it

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Those rules on Dpm issue kit can safely be ignored it was a policy thing by the NRA who used to admin civvies on mod ranges and they wanted no military kit as it presented the wrong image!
Told this on an RCO course in 1990 and the RCO’s were told to enforce it
Typical rules for rules, not a surprise....

The rules for CSR are camo is OK but not to the point where someone could be mistaken for serving military. Which is probably fair enough.

Latest Threads