Bloke on the Range videos

Interesting clip, however there was no mention of what was allegedly a serious problem in Vietnam, namely the aggressive climate, ie high temperatures and humidity that speeded up corrosion lots and also corroded the brass cases leading to first rd jams.
While JHQ was open I read lots of books from their library, one was the story of the M16 and how not to introduce a rifle into military service. Can't remember who wrote it, but the corrosion was one problem mentioned along with the initial use of flake powder as opposed to ball, which supposed to be the norm along with chromed chambers and barrels. The final nail in the coffin was Colts claim that the rifle was self cleaning and therefore no kits were provided. Apparently soldiers were so desparate to clean the gun they use just about anything liquid, eg gasoline, engine oil and even water!
Next time I see him I must ask the clubs Vietnayam veyet what his memories are of the M16 back then. Always assuming that he is still breathing, he's older and more knackered than I am.
It was use of ball powder instead of cut tubular.

Tell Karl I am coveting his camo smock.

Varusteleika? (sp)
No, Indian manufacture I think. It's in a really great herringbone twill material.

HE117

LE
It was use of ball powder instead of cut tubular.
...made from recovered WWII propellant I understand!

Lots of "odd" angles about this affair, particularly about who, why and when the switch was made...!

...Allegedly!

I`ve only used forward assist on AR15`s when I haven't let the cocking handle travel with full force and when the chamber is fouled up with carbon , they are useful on those rare occasions .

ugly

LE
I've been watching BoTR's extended family making music

I've been watching BoTR's extended family making music

Where the f*** do you find this stuff?* Russky hill billies? Russias answer to Elmer and Wilbur et al?

*On second thought the answer might blow my mind completely.
What's left of it.

ugly

LE
Where the f*** do you find this stuff?* Russky hill billies? Russias answer to Elmer and Wilbur et al?

*On second thought the answer might blow my mind completely.
What's left of it.
Essentially you let you tube suggest music based upon what you are watching, its a weird worm hole of music. There's a thread on it somewhere

Current plan is to take Frankenrifle to Finland for Finnish Brutality 2020, to go Fully Bolt Action.

Question is, what costume? (And just being me counts as a costume in lieu of a better idea...)

Current plan is to take Frankenrifle to Finland for Finnish Brutality 2020, to go Fully Bolt Action.

Question is, what costume? (And just being me counts as a costume in lieu of a better idea...)
Full-on Boris Karloff clobber and makeup sounds appropriate, at the very least.

Not quite sure how you'd square it with your various online audiences (unless the match were close to April Fools Day, or Hallowe'en, and even then you'd be sailing close to the wind)

E.T.A.
Hope this helps . . . . :thumleft:

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S The Intelligence Cell 27
CptDanjou Waltenkommando 17
putteesinmyhands Military History and Militaria 1

Latest Threads