Bloke on the Range videos

ugly

LE
He's now claiming that despite being rotated the bolt did not go into full battery.

And yet he says that the bolt handle remained in the rifle rather than embedding it in his face, so it was safely locked.

@ugly , got any £50 nasty old target rifles kicking around that we could sacrifice to the Cause up at Yeaveley? We need 2 for this... One to be induced to fire out of battery by removal of the safety stud and firing it with the bolt progressively less rotated until it gives out, the other first to show that with intact safety stud it can't fire out of battery, and then to be subjected to a "handloading error".
Actually yes a couple of Mauser style in 7mm and 308, we could load some rifle cases with a pistol powder to create the bad hand load

4(T)

LE
Actually yes a couple of Mauser style in 7mm and 308, we could load some rifle cases with a pistol powder to create the bad hand load

I've no objection to blowing up Mausers, but I assume he wants to wreck a couple of No4 actions (sniff).

Actually, I've got a badly sportered bolt-less one here that might do. Somehwere I've got a tin of scrap parts including (I think) at least one cocking piece without the safety lug.

It wasn’t fitted with a butt! That was the first and worst problem after this SOE had buttless pistol grips made to allow the stems to be fired after this
Seen.

Chicken

Old-Salt
Is this chap mistaking a bit of Enfield "bolt flip"
What is "bolt flip" please?
I watch a clip of Imran Khan firing a Lee Enfield and the bolt handle would rise up almost to 45 Deg when he touched off.

Is that bolt flip?

4(T)

LE
What is "bolt flip" please?
I watch a clip of Imran Khan firing a Lee Enfield and the bolt handle would rise up almost to 45 Deg when he touched off.

Is that bolt flip?

Yes, just a modern slang term for the way that bolt handle lifts a bit on some Enfields after the firing sequence.

Its a common source of ill-informed scaremongering, especially on the other side of the pond, but is in fact a normal feature of the rifle.

What seems to happen is that the firing shock is transmitted from the right receiver wall to the very long main rib of the bolt that is in contact with it, causing it to rotate a bit. On other rifles it might be the butt socket bouncing the base of the bolt handle away.

The thing to note is that this only happens after the firing sequence is finished.

The safety lug on the bolt body actually forces the bolt closed during firing, or blocks the striker completely if the bolt is open. Thus if you deliberately try to fire an Enfield with the bolt half-open, the bolt will either be cammed shut and fire, or nothing will happen because the striker is blocked.

Bolt lift is usually most evident on really slick old No1s; No4s rarely show it - probably something to do with the greater mass of metal in the receiver walls, or some other arcane change in the metallurgy or geometry - Enfields are very organic systems!

My No.4 has bolt bounce when dry fired, never with live.

4(T)

LE
My No.4 has bolt bounce when dry fired, never with live.

I guess the compression on the bolt from the case acts to damp it.

You can eliminate it on some rifles by changing the bolt head - even though there is no apparent change to head space or anything else. Different bolt bodies ditto. Different extractors ditto.

Enfields are a bit odd like that though - millions of them made, and they're all different. Change one identical part for another, and the whole system changes.

Calvin having fun with my Stgw 57 :)

More Calvin

Chicken

Old-Salt
I think the Rifle he was using was marketed in NZ with a Australian Snakes name.It sold poorly,so did the AR-180.

Chicken

Old-Salt
It's really bugging me,I am sure that Rifle was called a Bush master back in the day.

That being the late 80s .

Not public yet, but a bit of a teaser :)

A few screenshots from Day 1

1580473386558.png

1580473424190.png

1580473452599.png

1580473583058.png

1580473735912.png

1580473763209.png

1580474034199.png

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S The Intelligence Cell 27
CptDanjou Waltenkommando 17
putteesinmyhands Military History and Militaria 1