Bloke on the Range videos

4(T)

LE

Is it a genuine mag, or one with a Charnwood shell?

Pity no-one has started making repro extractors by now. You can get the .303" ones to work reasonably well: you have to grind a large chunk out of the stem to get the claw to drop inwards far enough, but even then its pot luck whether the head sits in the extractor slot correctly because of the changed angle.

Is it a genuine mag, or one with a Charnwood shell?

Pity no-one has started making repro extractors by now. You can get the .303" ones to work reasonably well: you have to grind a large chunk out of the stem to get the claw to drop inwards far enough, but even then its pot luck whether the head sits in the extractor slot correctly because of the changed angle.
CR141 marked, so genuine L42 :)

I suspect there's just not enough demand for repro extractors in significant numbers, but I'm sure if someone started making them and putting them on e-bay they'd sell in quantities sufficient to be worth a hobbyist's time.

ugly

LE
Nice to catch up today!

Tyk

LE
What a brute of a piece of kit that is, but following the conversation in the video it had so many boxes to tick for the Swiss requirements it makes a lot of sense. I was astonished by the rifle grenade, it's a freaking torpedo, the lads firing them from the trench looked bloody uncomfortabe.
Very interesting vid, including the archive footage was fascinating.

clayp1g

War Hero
Okay I hope I have not missed the answer to my question somewhere in one of your videos. So here goes. Are you limited by the competition rules to using only Swiss arms? For example could you use your No4?

Okay I hope I have not missed the answer to my question somewhere in one of your videos. So here goes. Are you limited by the competition rules to using only Swiss arms? For example could you use your No4?
Yes, we're limited to Swiss issue rifles from the 1911 series onwards.

ugly

LE
Who's the anally retentive clown that keeps sticking your range flag in?

Who's the anally retentive clown that keeps sticking your range flag in?
He's the safety supervisor. You're paired off - one shoots, one acts as safety supervisor, then you swap.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Waltenkommando 17
putteesinmyhands Military History and Militaria 1
putteesinmyhands Military History and Militaria 33

Latest Threads