Bloke on the Range videos

HE117

LE

clayp1g

War Hero
Thanks. You got the long trigger guard screw that goes with it handy too?

Also, I might be able to get a "beater" SMLE for CHF 330 - it looks a bit of a dog from the outside, but the bore's OK. Needs a new safety catch though, cos that's missing.
This is it.

PH5parts.jpg

HE117

LE
I had three of those in the CCF armoury at school in the 60s..!
They were fully operable however the barrel shroud had been welded to the body, presumably to cure headspace issues.. had that been done with that one?
We were never issued with 9mm, however we used to visit a local barracks which had a 30m range, and Sterlings... nuf said!

I had three of those in the CCF armoury at school in the 60s..!
They were fully operable however the barrel shroud had been welded to the body, presumably to cure headspace issues.. had that been done with that one?
We were never issued with 9mm, however we used to visit a local barracks which had a 30m range, and Sterlings... nuf said!
The barrel nut has not been welded to the body. Turns out that the 12 o'clock datum score line causes it to shoot very low at 25m, so I had to try different orientations until I got it to shoot high (it might turn out to be *too* high, but we'll try it at 100m on the next possible occasion and find out...).

Turning the barrel caused the POI to follow quite an impressively large circular or oval path, at worst it was about 8" high and 10" left... Non-concentricity for the win! :D

Also, the extractor is dropping the case occasionally. I suspect it was gummed up, and I've got some penetrating oil in there and have made sure it's clear now. Hopefully that'll sort it right out. Failing that, I'll be polishing its front face bevel (there were a few no-strikes) and stoning its sides to give it a bit more clearance in its slot.

Nice video, but the music if I can call it that is somewhat distracting. I used to work with an American who listened to that stuff all day. Until I met him I didn't realise how easy it is to walk up the wall on one side of the office, across the ceiling and down the other wall.
While on the subject of K98s, a gunsmith tried to persuade me to put a K98 foresight on my M1903A3, with considerable effort I refrained from doing something perverted and very painful to him.
Springfields cost too much.

Nice video, but the music if I can call it that is somewhat distracting. I used to work with an American who listened to that stuff all day. Until I met him I didn't realise how easy it is to walk up the wall on one side of the office, across the ceiling and down the other wall.
While on the subject of K98s, a gunsmith tried to persuade me to put a K98 foresight on my M1903A3, with considerable effort I refrained from doing something perverted and very painful to him.
Springfields cost too much.
k98 foresight on an 03A3? I don't have them to hand right now, but that strikes me as massively too low for the rear sight...

Latest news: BotR has a Tikka T3x Arctic. First impressions good. More to follow. Out.

Your cat is into reloading?
More seriously, the US Army manual for the United States Rifle Caliber 30 (that's a Springfield M1903 to you) lists a guard ammunition load of 9.3 grns Bullseye behind a 150 grn FMJ. A bit pokier than a gallery load but it's good out to 100mtrs and fun. It's also kinder to my bank balance.

Latest news: BotR has a Tikka T3x Arctic. First impressions good. More to follow. Out.
Ooooohhhh!:clap:
Same colour scheme as the rangers?

Apparently the civvie one is an orangey hue.
I’ll be more than happy to be corrected, as the Ranger Red does look the business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orange. The Canadians insisted that the Civvy ones be different. So no logo, not red.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Waltenkommando 17
putteesinmyhands Military History and Militaria 1
putteesinmyhands Military History and Militaria 33

Latest Threads