Bloke on the Range videos

Thought I'd shamelessly promote my youtube channel on a dedicated thread to keep it all in one place - latest video is a damp and sardonic look at carefully-selected bad points of a whole bunch of rifles with fanboy following. Something for everyone, in both senses of the phrase.

Spreads the love over the Lee-Enfield, Mauser 98's, AR15's, M1 Garands, M1A's, Martini-Henries, the SA80, HK G3, FN FAL, AK, 1903 Springfield, Schmidt-Rubins, MAS 36, Mannlichers, Arisakas, the Lebel, Mosin-Nagants, SKS's, Steyr AUG, and the Tavor.

All that Swiss neutrality beginning to chafe a bit is it?
Had complaints there wasn't enough British sarcasm in my last vid :)

So I thought, go hard or go home :p

Wow, 1k+ subscribers already!

You really need to sort that camera out though mate. The focus, lighting and exposure is all over the place, you'd probably get better shots with a smartphone. (as proved by BBC click and Gadget Show who did a whole episodes production with smartphones at a tech show)

Wow, 1k+ subscribers already!

You really need to sort that camera out though mate. The focus, lighting and exposure is all over the place, you'd probably get better shots with a smartphone. (as proved by BBC click and Gadget Show who did a whole episodes production with smartphones at a tech show)
Will indeed sort the camera out by buying a better one. Mrs needs a new freezer though so it'll have to wait...

blunt scalpel

War Hero
Had complaints there wasn't enough British sarcasm in my last vid :)
I enjoy the vids, just a bloke who knows his stuff talking to camera rather than some overbearing tit trying to show how clever he is like Mike Loades etc.

Proper British bloke with a shed approach. Nice one.

I enjoy the vids, just a bloke who knows his stuff talking to camera rather than some overbearing tit trying to show how clever he is like Mike Loades etc.

Proper British bloke with a shed approach. Nice one.
Thanks.

What I'm trying to do is not exactly original - it's a little bit of Forgotten Weapons, a little bit of InRange, and some Demolition Ranch-like zaniness wrapped up in a somewhat Pythonesque and sardonic British approach, with nevertheless an attention to the technical detail.

What I've learned is that talking to camera is damn hard! And I have lots of respect for guys like Ian from Forgotten Weapons who've got it down to a fine art. I hope, with time, to get half as good as him at making geeky historical and technical material as engaging and as easy to watch.

And I've also learned that Spams *love* a British accent and British sarcasm, so at least I've got something to work with :)

blunt scalpel

War Hero
I hope, with time, to get my hands on half as many toys as him
I don't normally go in for that FOC stuff but it just seemed right here.

It amazes me some of the things they turn up still in working order. Stuff that I would normally flick past in a book without bothering to read the whole page on he does really bring to life and make interesting.

Stoatman, " we are not worthy", James May can no longer sleep soundly in his shed.....

ugly

LE
I
Thought I'd shamelessly promote my youtube channel on a dedicated thread to keep it all in one place - latest video is a damp and sardonic look at carefully-selected bad points of a whole bunch of rifles with fanboy following. Something for everyone, in both senses of the phrase.

Spreads the love over the Lee-Enfield, Mauser 98's, AR15's, M1 Garands, M1A's, Martini-Henries, the SA80, HK G3, FN FAL, AK, 1903 Springfield, Schmidt-Rubins, MAS 36, Mannlichers, Arisakas, the Lebel, Mosin-Nagants, SKS's, Steyr AUG, and the Tavor.

I like the MAS 36

But, but, but,.........you can't pick on the Tavor. Now look what you've done: I WAS thinking about getting an X95.

As for bad-mouthing the G3: Your picture has been sent to Koeln, Krefeld and Dortmund.

Have you monetised your channel yet?

If not, you're giving it away to Google when all those 0.001p's could be yours....

...& be used to buy a new camera.:p

ugly

LE
Will indeed sort the camera out by buying a better one. Mrs needs a new freezer though so it'll have to wait...
leave the food outside it will either freeze or be stolen so no problem

leave the food outside it will either freeze or be stolen so no problem
Don't want to attract the lynx in ;)

Costumes are coming together
costume.png

and another
poncho.JPG

Cultural fecking appropriation

STRING HIM UP

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Waltenkommando 17