Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Bloggers have no right to privacy says British court

Archangel said:
Sorry YIM :oops: ... Yes, in truth I do see your point and I do largely agree (I'm studying Law myself!) I just got on my hobby-horse about the need to retain some degree of privacy in our society

(I'll put the teddys back in the pram :wink: )

Absolutely no problem.
I'm fantastic at using wrong terms in English, so might confuse ppl easily. :oops:
Btw, you couldn't be more right about retaining some degree of privacy.
That's what personal liberty is all about.

A serving copper is told that he has no right to privacy, even though his blogg provided a public service by highlighting the pathetic state of the criminal justice system...

meanwhile, a report on politicians expenses has much of the detail removed for "security reasons".

Hmmm...nothing at all hypocritical or suspicious about that... :roll:

Bit ironic this. Debate about privacy on the internet between lots of people hiding behind avatars and user names (yours truly included).
whf

Werewolf said:
A serving copper is told that he has no right to privacy, even though his blogg provided a public service by highlighting the pathetic state of the criminal justice system...
meanwhile, a report on politicians expenses has much of the detail removed for "security reasons".

My bold.

That's the part where things went wrong, if you asked me.

It doesn't matter whether you're a cop, a politician or any man just walking down the street.
There is a reason why Lady Justice is blindfolded.

And don't overemphasize the importance of ARRSE. ;)

It's important to remember that The Times 'exposed' this guy, and not the authorities.

It will be a dark day when the authorities use the law to silence their critics.

DeltaDog said:
It's important to remember that The Times 'exposed' this guy, and not the authorities.

It will be a dark day when the authorities use the law to silence their critics.

As dark as the MoD saying that squaddies can't talk to the press you mean? Yep, it'll be dark as a dark thing in a dark corner down Darksville, Tennessee, when that sh*t happens.

DeltaDog said:

Indeed, but Eady's ruling has set a precedent that can be referred to should the authorities decide to use the law for this purpose.

As for the Times, I have read it for years but they can feck right off now as far as I am concerned.

YesItsMe said:
Werewolf said:

My bold.

It doesn't matter whether you're a cop, a politician or any man just walking down the street.

My dear chap, one simply cannot overemphasize the importance of God's Chosen Website! :D 8)

Werewolf said:
YesItsMe said:
Werewolf said:
My bold.
My dear chap, one simply cannot overemphasize the importance of God's Chosen Website! :D 8)

If you say so, my dear fellow. :lol:

Biscuits_AB said:
DeltaDog said:

As dark as the MoD saying that squaddies can't talk to the press you mean? Yep, it'll be dark as a dark thing in a dark corner down Darksville, Tennessee, when that sh*t happens.

When they start prosecuting squaddies who are anonymously posting on ARRSE, it will be.

The Internet was built for the free an un fettered exchange of information and no other reason. Fact!

Security, privacy are bolt on extras, that don't work.

You can however, with a bit of digging. Make it f uc k i n g hard for any one other than 'Defence of The Realm' to back track you to a post on a 'Blog' web, 'Forum'.

Those that have been caught out have not taken any steps to protect there selves.

jinxy said:
The Internet was built for the free an un fettered exchange of information and no other reason. Fact!

Security, privacy are bolt on extras, that don't work.

You can however, with a bit of digging. Make it f uc k i n g hard for any one other than 'Defence of The Realm' to back track you to a post on a 'Blog' web, 'Forum'.

Those that have been caught out have not taken any steps to protect there selves.

The point is that they shouldn't have to.