Blocking users

Discussion in 'ARRSEpedia' started by Bad CO, May 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Chaps,
    Rather than blocking users for 24 hrs, you can put any number you want in up to something very large (try 24000). Log them in the Bat Cave and I'll delete them at my leisure. Creating them takes far longer than deleting them - especially when I can do hundreds at once!

2. Edited, coz I found it now!!!

3. Roger that.

4. I have been blocked due to a troll using my name. Finally got in with the help of Bad CO and now I can't edit anything.

5. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

You've been unblocked!

6. I just did that as a 'holding measure' on the assumption that the real owners would want their names back eventually when we'd got BBs sticky fingers on them. Next time I shall experiment to see how many hours of blocking the programme will accept.

7. Sorry, still blocked. Even tried clearing my cache and restarting my PC, still no go.

Edit: Just had a lovely email conversation with the troll. Apparently taking usernames from other people is not being a troll. Thanks for that Jim (or whatever your real name is).

email deleted - site rules - gco

8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Likewise:

GCO (after incoherent complaint):

>Hi Jim,
    >
    >Sorry, I don't really understand your email. Could
    >you send a link to whatever has offended you and give
    >me a slightly better explanation and I'll do whatever
    >necessary to resolve it.

Reply:

You resolve nothing. You are a weak pathetic poor excuse for a man

Now I don't often use smilies but: :lol:

9. She's back then? :roll:

10. Sorry :oops:

11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Another email.

I'm scum now.

Fair point.

12. Buwahahahhahahahhahahahhahahaha :D

13. You must be terrified, GCO, after all, she has THEM on her side! :roll: :lol:

14. Thanks to whoever got me back in - I can now carry on being anally retentive :D

15. I've just had 11 new arrsepedia passwords sent to me, I assume the troll was trying to use armourer ID, well it's mine troll so sod off.