Blockbuster feature film casting can you help?

Discussion in 'Jobs Offered' started by BigStar, Jul 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Can you help?

Please feel free to pass these details on to anyone that you think would be interested.

I am writing to you from a company called Uni-versalEXTRAS Ltd, we place people & students as extras in TV and Film across the UK. Our company website is Welcome to Uni-versalEXTRAS - Supplying TV and film extras for the UK & Ireland.

Can you help; we are looking for males to pretend to be wounded soldiers for the new blockbuster feature film starring a whole host of Hollywood actors from the very beautiful Charlize Theron (The Italian Job) and handsome Chris Hemsworth (Thor) to Ray Winston and Bob Hoskins. This story is a twist on the old fairy tale of Snow White.

The role: We are looking males to pretend to be wounded soldiers after an epic battle.

The Requirements:

You must be a male.

You must be aged between 20yrs to 40yrs.

You have facial marks / scaring or facial deformities – i.e. scars, birth marks, broken noise, pot marks etc

You must have easy access to London

Filming Dates: filming will be taking place between Middle October through to Middle of November (good availability of this period is vital)

Payment min: £102.00 basic rate (payment follows union rates & Uni-versalEXTRAS terms & Conditions, payment will rise depending on what happens on the filming day)

Catering: This is provided throughout filming.

If you would like to take part in this amazing opportunity we will need you to email the following information to

Full Name:
    Contact number:
    Basic measurements (Chest, Waist, Inside Leg, Shoe, Collar, waist, shoe etc):
    Whether you drive:

A current head shot photo of yourself & body shot showing your physic: (digital head-shot please in front of a plain background i.e. a plain wall taken with a digital camera)

By replying to this email you are confirming that you agree to Uni-versalExtras Terms and conditions which are stated on our website: Welcome to Uni-versalEXTRAS - Supplying TV and film extras for the UK & Ireland

Kind Regards

Uni-versalEXTRAS Ltd
    T: 0845 009 0344
    M: 0776 076 8644
  2. Isn't that ageist? Our hero Tropper would be perfect but is 196yrs old.
  3. its a real tricky casting this one but the ones who take part will be part of a massive film. The sets look amazing.
  4. Hi
    I'm absolutely gorgeous.....does that rule me out?
    I've always fancied being a film star
    I'll leave it with you, get back to me OK

Oh I lied about the gorgeous bit.
  5. Can I help choosing the boys I'll be very good at it.
  6. My bold - I've got loads of natural ugliness as listed above - will I get extra cash for being extra uglier? :)
  7. Can i suggest that you contact...Colin Crompton, as he sounds very suitable for the part and has a world of previous experience, particularly in the "Broken Noise" department. He can be accessed by his spirit guide, who is located at...The Wheel Tappers and Shunters social Club,
    Quay Street,
    M 1974-77.

P.S...If he works out, do i get a finders fee??????
  8. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

*sigh* too old, too tall, not ugly enough...
  9. I have some dashing chicken pox scars which must make me a shoe-in for this gig.

My people will contact your people, yah?
  10. I can probably contract leprosy for an extra fifty quid
  11. Oh fucks sake.....I am 41, that means I am out....but that is agist as Jarrod says.
  12. I like to think that as a 46 year old, i'm over qualified for the post!
  13. A very good point sir. Although, I feel miffed at the loss of my chance of stardom.
  14. well the ficial scars issue can be sorted out by a night in Birmingham for me
  15. What a shallow bunch you are - if it had been a Journalist, you would have f*cked him off at the high port by now!
    Actually, how do you know it isn't a journo out fishing? First of all, reel you in and then pump you for the necessary info as part of the "selection" process.
    Cynical - me?