Block Rules? Are they living in the dark ages?

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by GunnersQuadrant, Feb 23, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

There are some rules governing the singlies in the block.

Ie NO BEERS,  no women, etc, etc

I know some of these rules have been present since the RSM was learning how to polish metal bins on his leadership course and beyond.

Are some of these rules too old fashioned in todays intergrated army.

As a JNCO i think so   but lets have your views, moans.
  2. I agree entirely, and someone made a good point on one of the other boards here. A singly living in the block should be treated no differently than a pad in an MSQ. A singly should be allowed female company, noisy parties and absolute privacy.
  3. Gunners, come on ..................................   Don't deny even sticking to those rules!  We've all gone against them at some point in our lives have'nt we?

Oh SH*T, just dropped myself in it again ;D

But I do agree with your topic, some good points there ;)
  4. GunnersQuadrant

Leeanne    let him (her) without sin cast the first stone.

i never said i abided by them i just said they were old fashioned.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
  5. WOW Gunners...............................look!

Looks like your dream post has just came true overnight!!  We're actually allowed to have partners etc. in the block under the CO's descretion!! ;D

Do you have some sort of sixth sense or what??? ;) ;)
  6. GunnersQuadrant

Obviously someone at MOD monitors this site.   Yeah some chance of that eh.   i posted a subject in the int cell about this earlier.  like i said there it kinda takes the fun out of it.

Now i wonder if they will let me build that bar in the communial area with the greasy poles.......  hmm ::)
  7. Build it Quadrant! Just ask a couple of Engineers to... oh sorry, your Arty better not.  ;)

Well, build it anyway and when it's done and the dancers have had a practice I wouldn't mind an invite  ::)
  8. GunnersQuadrant

Invites all round mate, if only i could think of a name.  

Hmm...............  any suggestions
  9. How about......Sweaty Sl*gs Shimmy room?? ;D
  10. How about Gipping Army Birds Execution Room, where all you little mingers with stinking piss bellies go to be head shot whilst been video taped?

The tapes can then be sold. All proceeds go to the lads so they can buy more ammunition.
  11. As a former gunner JNCO and block rat, I have to say that I support better quality of life for singlies in the blocks.  In a perfect world, it would be great to be able to give them 'absolute privacy'. Unfortunately, there are some singlies (male and female) who are total mingers, and can't be trusted to look after themselves. Also, they have a tendency to destroy their accomodation after 10 minutes living in it.

A case in point. On my last stint as Orderly Officer, I discovered 2 naked female soldiers in bed together, screaming their heads off because a very drunk male soldier had burst in (also naked) and threatened them with his manhood (and a bottle of tom sauce, as I recall).

The majority of block rats are great news. The odd one or two, however, give all the rest a bad name.

PS Door Bundle. Awesome comment. Laughed for hours  ;D
  12. You joined the army, live with the rules. one day if youre good boys and girls (or if youre not caught, which is even better cos then at least youll have had some fun) youll get to the WO & Sgts mess and then enjoy the privileges of rank, still no :wink: partners in the block or alcohol in your rooms but no room inspections
  13. The LAW is very clear and has been integrated into QR's unfortunately COs are very reluctant to publicise these facts:

Any rank leaving in single accommodation may have any person, regardless of gender, staying over night in their room with the exception of the following 3 cases:

1. The host is undergoing a basic training course.
    2. The room ids multiple occupancy.
    3. The host is under 18 years of age.

The host is responsible totally for the behaviour of the guest and the guest is not allowed to complain about behaviour in the block during their stay e.g. lady staying in blokes block walks to the shower and some bloke wanders out naked with towel over shoulder.

I don't want to get into an inter-service pissing match but it would appear that historically in the army whatever a CO says, goes. It is the 21st century now and they have to realise that thier personnel are leaving in droves because of the ARRSE way they are treated. The law is there to be obeyed not slectively ignored.

Per Ardua
  14. but if you nip into the Int cell, youll read that some OCs take this a little too far.
  15. I love block inspections, there should be more. And locker inspections. I also love standing by my bed, thats what made this army the best in the world.

And we don't own the accomodation, its the army's, and they let us live there very cheaply.

If you don't like it get married, OR SIGN OFF!