Bloaters to get money to help them get unbloated!!!

Don't know if this was true - and I've tried to find some official links to this, but I heard on the radio this morning that the NHS advisory body - N.I.C.E. are promoting something to give fatties money to help them get unfat!....

I want to complain/am in outrage (*delete as appropriate) as I find it hard to keep my weight up and constantly want to put weight on - so I'd like some equality and let them give me some dosh so I can fatten up a bit more....

As an aside, I can't stand these lefty heart-bleeders who say we need to support the obese more (by giving them more money to shovel shit down their troughs?!?)....the body is an input/output system...always was, always will be....end of subject....

/discuss

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
It's called contingency management it was first used with cocaine addicts I seem to think. There was also a trial here with substance misuse patients - no idea how it went. They also do it with smokers.

Surely just by not eating/smoking/doing drugs they are getting a cash incentive by not having to fork out for the various substances?

Someone at NICE has been given a nice wad of dosh to think up that idea. I think that about sums up the "cash incentive".

better still, as has repeatedly been suggested, give them vouchers that can ONLY be spent on healthy food...fruit, veg, low fat dairy, lean meat and fish and complex carbs!

What a dumb idea, people like that would change if they wanted to. Besides once they get that money then what? Back on the pies of course. Instead of throwing money into the fire with such a ludicrous idea why not use it to actually help people like help heat an elderly person's home now the weather is starting to get colder.

What a dumb idea, people like that would change if they wanted to. Besides once they get that money then what? Back on the pies of course. Instead of throwing money into the fire with such a ludicrous idea why not use it to actually help people like help heat an elderly person's home now the weather is starting to get colder.
better still, use fat people as fuel to heat old peoples houses....win/win!!

better still, as has repeatedly been suggested, give them vouchers that can ONLY be spent on healthy food...fruit, veg, low fat dairy, lean meat and fish and complex carbs!

... I will find a way to turn it into chocolate. I have a near genius IQ and a rather large arse, so I will find a way.

choclit IS healthy....its made from beans and beans are vegetables!

Couldn't agree more.......

Let me render down some fat knacker to fuel my Central Heating. Oh and bring back Soylent Green, but, use the Fat Bastards

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Great idea. Give them McSpending money to help them lose weight.

I want to complain/am in outrage (*delete as appropriate) as I find it hard to keep my weight up and constantly want to put weight on - so I'd like some equality and let them give me some dosh so I can fatten up a bit more....
I'm with you there. Do you think they would send us some Maccy Dees or Ginsters vouchers? Oh, and if they are doing it for smokers as well, I'd like some Embassy No 1 vouchers too.

I'd opt for an disincentive rather than an incentive.

Obese? Had some NHS treatment? Here's your bill. They could work it on a sliding scale related to BMI.

Or how about some old fashioned rem PT?

This "everybody is a victim" culture, regardless of whether they are a victim of themselves, really boils my piss.

Q

But this will cost the tax payer! I have a better idea, fine the fat b@stards about £100 a month until they hit a target weight.

Ding-ding, Aaaaaaallllllll Abooaaaaard.

Fat people, you know who you are, would the idea of getting money to lose weight make you do it?

BB, although you claim to be humongous we all know you're not but, would that give you the prod you needed to lose weight?

I ask the question because I've got a feeling that this hasn't been thought through very well. You would think that death would be a bit of an incentive wouldn't you? Something along the lines of 'Lose weight or you will have a massive heart attack and die!' If that doesn't get the fat fucker shifted why do we suppose adding a fiver into the bargain would make any difference?

I'm sure there will be human butter mountains out there who have very little self respect and don't really have the desire to do anything except eat themselves to death, not sure whether 'Hey fatso, drop a couple of ounces and we'll give you a free scratch card' is going to help.

It's a disease you see.................like fuck it is!!

Don't know if this was true - and I've tried to find some official links to this, but I heard on the radio this morning that the NHS advisory body - N.I.C.E. are promoting something to give fatties money to help them get unfat!....

As an aside, I can't stand these lefty heart-bleeders who say we need to support the obese more (by giving them more money to shovel shit down their troughs?!?)....the body is an input/output system...always was, always will be....end of subject....

/discuss
I'm really interested in this scheme and would like to apply for it. I'm about 3 or 4 stone overweight (say 5 stone if it helps qualify) and I'll happily walk to tesco or Marks and Sparks every day to buy some nutritious slald and fruit snaks and maybe a fruit juice too. I promise not the waste the money on chocolate and crisps.

So if you could find out more about this and in particular how I can collect the money, I would be ever so grateful.

This way I can save my own money for the odd curry and pint! :)

better still, use fat people as fuel to heat old peoples houses....win/win!!
Very ironic advice from someone with a user-name like yours. :wink: