Bloaters to get money to help them get unbloated!!!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by dragosani, Sep 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't know if this was true - and I've tried to find some official links to this, but I heard on the radio this morning that the NHS advisory body - N.I.C.E. are promoting something to give fatties money to help them get unfat!....

I want to complain/am in outrage (*delete as appropriate) as I find it hard to keep my weight up and constantly want to put weight on - so I'd like some equality and let them give me some dosh so I can fatten up a bit more....

As an aside, I can't stand these lefty heart-bleeders who say we need to support the obese more (by giving them more money to shovel shit down their troughs?!?)....the body is an input/output system...always was, always will be....end of subject....

/discuss

2. It's called contingency management it was first used with cocaine addicts I seem to think. There was also a trial here with substance misuse patients - no idea how it went. They also do it with smokers.

3. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

4. Surely just by not eating/smoking/doing drugs they are getting a cash incentive by not having to fork out for the various substances?

Someone at NICE has been given a nice wad of dosh to think up that idea. I think that about sums up the "cash incentive".

5. Don't worry, it'll be special money that can't be spent on cakes/fags/booze/[insert vice]

6. better still, as has repeatedly been suggested, give them vouchers that can ONLY be spent on healthy food...fruit, veg, low fat dairy, lean meat and fish and complex carbs!

7. Aye but think of the long term benefits.

8. What a dumb idea, people like that would change if they wanted to. Besides once they get that money then what? Back on the pies of course. Instead of throwing money into the fire with such a ludicrous idea why not use it to actually help people like help heat an elderly person's home now the weather is starting to get colder.

9. It's American research I'm afraid.

10. better still, use fat people as fuel to heat old peoples houses....win/win!!

11. ... I will find a way to turn it into chocolate. I have a near genius IQ and a rather large arse, so I will find a way.

12. choclit IS healthy....its made from beans and beans are vegetables!

13. Couldn't agree more.......

Let me render down some fat knacker to fuel my Central Heating. Oh and bring back Soylent Green, but, use the Fat Bastards

14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Great idea. Give them McSpending money to help them lose weight.

15. I'm with you there. Do you think they would send us some Maccy Dees or Ginsters vouchers? Oh, and if they are doing it for smokers as well, I'd like some Embassy No 1 vouchers too.