Blitz memorabilia

If your lads into that he might like the book The Machine Gunners by Robert Westall. Think the TV version ( early 80s ) is on YouTube. If your not aware it's about souvenir collecting kids during the blitz who get a machine gun off a downed Luftwaffe plane ..
To me an early example of the unfairness of life. Doing O-Level English Literature in the mid 80s I had to "study" Chaucer's Prologue to the Canterbury Tales, including having to translate it word for word into something resembling English. The CSE kids got The Machine Gunners.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
If your lads into that he might like the book The Machine Gunners by Robert Westall. Think the TV version ( early 80s ) is on YouTube. If your not aware it's about souvenir collecting kids during the blitz who get a machine gun off a downed Luftwaffe plane ..
I remember that. I seem to recall a TV movie of the book that was quite good.

To me an early example of the unfairness of life. Doing O-Level English Literature in the mid 80s I had to "study" Chaucer's Prologue to the Canterbury Tales, including having to translate it word for word into something resembling English. The CSE kids got The Machine Gunners.
Funnily enough, I had The Prologue for O-level English Lit in the 60s. I found it interesting! I do seem to remember the TV series of The Machine Gunners. Was that the one where an old Geordie biddy referred to the Fuhrer as "Hilter?"

Funnily enough, I had The Prologue for O-level English Lit in the 60s. I found it interesting! I do seem to remember the TV series of The Machine Gunners. Was that the one where an old Geordie biddy referred to the Fuhrer as "Hilter?"
Not sure since I only watched it when it first came out. Anyway, it is on the Tube of You.

ches

LE
One of the last 'surviving' bomb sites is still in existence in Liverpool. Car park directly opposite the Western Approaches museum as it happens

The remains of the original building on the site are next to the Pig & Whistle pub. On Streetview if you zoom in on the frontage of the remains you can see sharpnel damage to the old door & window reveals.

Quite. Set 1 for physics - fluids and waves. Set 3 for physics - wiring 3 pin plugs. This in a grammar school.

I don't think they'd be allowed to teach wiring plugs today.

Quite. Set 1 for physics - fluids and waves. Set 3 for physics - wiring 3 pin plugs. This in a grammar school.

I don't think they'd be allowed to teach wiring plugs today.
Still done. Not for any practical use (I can't remember the last time I saw a non-moulded plug) but to cover the live, neutral and earth wires as part of electrical circuits.

We just don't let the suicidal little sods plug them into the mains after they've played around with them.