Blister Under Nail of Bigtoe

We had something that looked just like that in our loft joists, it didn't end well.

What's your boots sizes?
11 M. I've got a pair of those gucci HAIX boots which Ravers gave away last year. I'll stick you down on the will for them shall I?

11 M. I've got a pair of those gucci HAIX boots which Ravers gave away last year. I'll stick you down on the will for them shall I?
Cheer's,

I am an UK size 9M (old DMS size), 43/44EUR depending on the style/last. 264x100 in the boot combat high so can you throw in a few pairs of socks as well.

I'll put the sledge hammer away.

A medic once told me what they do for blister under nail is:

Open up a paperclip on one end, heat up the opened up end till it glows red hot, stick it through the nail, drain the blister.

I'd put a bit of Leukoplast Sleek over the hole to prevent crap from getting in and causing problems too.

For those who don't know: If you, or your offspring, have verruca's or similar on the bottom of your feet. Sort of trim back the verruca a bit, clean the area with surgical spirit, or similar to get the skin grease away and to allow the Sllek to stick better, then stick some cut to shape Sleek over the verruca. Verrucas need air to stay alive, starve them of air for a month to 6 weeks and they will die.

Sleek is like a super elastoplast bordering on black nasty but with medical approval - B00ts normally sells it. I keep a roll in my 1st aid kit.

Amputation at the neck maybe the only solution I fear.
Head-up or head-down amputation? I'll need to know what I'll have to work with.

Romeo Two One

Old-Salt
Poof.

I had an INTERNAL blister under the pad of my heel, made me eyes water that ruddy did, a kindly medic syringed out a gallon of fluid, then syringed in a gallon of tincbenz, got me down off the ceiling , then straight back on P company.

You don't know you were born.
I used to love that part of the job, I did a purge on foot inspections on one attachment throwing charges about left right and centre for poor footcare which ended up with sections carrying one of their mates over then sitting on him while I applied said medieval treatment.

that squeal would make an ideal ringtone. :)

RezzaDue

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Not to derail the thread with an answer but something I've done in the past is use a drill bit, about 1.5mm would do, and just roll it over blister with your fingers. A bit of patience and it'll go through the nail and drain the fluid through the hole.
I didn't like the idea of sticking a hot needle through my big toe so tried that and it worked pretty well!
Just have to remember to tape up the nail a bit so no sock fluff gets stuck in there.

Romeo Two One

Old-Salt
Not to derail the thread with an answer but something I've done in the past is use a drill bit, about 1.5mm would do, and just roll it over blister with your fingers. A bit of patience and it'll go through the nail and drain the fluid through the hole.
I didn't like the idea of sticking a hot needle through my big toe so tried that and it worked pretty well!
Just have to remember to tape up the nail a bit so no sock fluff gets stuck in there.
angle grinder works as well, just the gentlest of touches mind.

OK one of my 'that was not a good idea moment', involving feet and new boots.

A number of years ago I brought a pair of military boots, not British issue, so the sizing was slightly out and a bit tight.

After doing all the usual tricks to soften and stretch the leather, i.e soak in water and washing up liquid, various oils, and boot stretchers they were still tight and causing bad toe blisters.

Spoke to a Cobbler and he suggested soaking them in neats foot oil and bash with an heavy hammer to make the leather more pliable and to stretch the leather to fit.

Boots soaked in a bucket of neats foot oil over the weekend and come the Monday evening I decided to bash them with the biggest sledge hammer I had. (It was a big heavy one).

I struck them a few times with the sledge hammer and I could see the leather stretching out a bit, not wishing to make them too loose, I tried them on and noted that they were still a bit tight on the toes but the sides were OK.

I bashed the toe area's again, both boots!!!! It was at this time I realised my mistake as I was still wearing them.

My wife was watching and could not believe I had struck both boots on the toe's area with a sledge hammer as I was still wearing them, and said why did you not stop after the hitting the first boot/foot.

Through the tears, caused by the excruciating pain and rolling around the garden swearing like a Trooper and crying like a baby, I said I wanted both boots to be equal in sizes or words similar!!!

Both boots were full of blood which incidentally does not assists in the leather stretching process and my toes looked like somebody had just struck them with a sledge hammer!!!

The next day at the Doc's and I had the toe nails removed.

The Doctor asked how it had happen, and on being told made me an appointment with the 'Trick Cyclists'.

The boots were cleaned up and given to a cadet in the ACF who thought they were great, nicely broken in and fitted him a treat.

I told him I literary sweated blood and tears to get them in that state!!!
How did you break in your helmet?

I've got a blister under both big toenails after running a half marathon. Just leave them, the fluid will absorb back into the body and the new nail growing underneath will push the old one off. ;)

Optimum tool is an IV canula used like a micro drill

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L The Training Wing 39
titan Army Reserve 61
S Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment 10

Latest Threads