Blister Under Nail of Bigtoe

Heat up the needle to red hot then it'll go though your nail like butter, else man up/see a doctor.
Don't use a needle though, use a straightened out paper clip so it has a nice flat end, less chance of going right through the blister into the rest of the toe.

Gents/Ladies,

Any ideas how I can get rid of this creature?

The thought of sticking a sanitised pin/needle into my nailbed is making me feel queasy to say the least.....

View attachment 260213

I'm a big unit runnning around 12-14 miles per week.
I assume this must be a blood blister unless your nail has separated?

I assume this must be a blood blister unless your nail has separated?
Well I prefer the blood blister option over the cancer one!

OK one of my 'that was not a good idea moment', involving feet and new boots.

A number of years ago I brought a pair of military boots, not British issue, so the sizing was slightly out and a bit tight.

After doing all the usual tricks to soften and stretch the leather, i.e soak in water and washing up liquid, various oils, and boot stretchers they were still tight and causing bad toe blisters.

Spoke to a Cobbler and he suggested soaking them in neats foot oil and bash with an heavy hammer to make the leather more pliable and to stretch the leather to fit.

Boots soaked in a bucket of neats foot oil over the weekend and come the Monday evening I decided to bash them with the biggest sledge hammer I had. (It was a big heavy one).

I struck them a few times with the sledge hammer and I could see the leather stretching out a bit, not wishing to make them too loose, I tried them on and noted that they were still a bit tight on the toes but the sides were OK.

I bashed the toe area's again, both boots!!!! It was at this time I realised my mistake as I was still wearing them.

My wife was watching and could not believe I had struck both boots on the toe's area with a sledge hammer as I was still wearing them, and said why did you not stop after the hitting the first boot/foot.

Through the tears, caused by the excruciating pain and rolling around the garden swearing like a Trooper and crying like a baby, I said I wanted both boots to be equal in sizes or words similar!!!

Both boots were full of blood which incidentally does not assists in the leather stretching process and my toes looked like somebody had just struck them with a sledge hammer!!!

The next day at the Doc's and I had the toe nails removed.

The Doctor asked how it had happen, and on being told made me an appointment with the 'Trick Cyclists'.

The boots were cleaned up and given to a cadet in the ACF who thought they were great, nicely broken in and fitted him a treat.

I told him I literary sweated blood and tears to get them in that state!!!

Amputation.

Between the clavicle and the thyroid gland is a good place to start.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
OK one of my 'that was not a good idea moment', involving feet and new boots.

A number of years ago I brought a pair of military boots, not British issue, so the sizing was slightly out and a bit tight.

After doing all the usual tricks to soften and stretch the leather, i.e soak in water and washing up liquid, various oils, and boot stretchers they were still tight and causing bad toe blisters.

Spoke to a Cobbler and he suggested soaking them in neats foot oil and bash with an heavy hammer to make the leather more pliable and to stretch the leather to fit.

Boots soaked in a bucket of neats foot oil over the weekend and come the Monday evening I decided to bash them with the biggest sledge hammer I had. (It was a big heavy one).

I struck them a few times with the sledge hammer and I could see the leather stretching out a bit, not wishing to make them too loose, I tried them on and noted that they were still a bit tight on the toes but the sides were OK.

I bashed the toe area's again, both boots!!!! It was at this time I realised my mistake as I was still wearing them.

My wife was watching and could not believe I had struck both boots on the toe's area with a sledge hammer as I was still wearing them, and said why did you not stop after the hitting the first boot/foot.

Through the tears, caused by the excruciating pain and rolling around the garden swearing like a Trooper and crying like a baby, I said I wanted both boots to be equal in sizes or words similar!!!

Both boots were full of blood which incidentally does not assists in the leather stretching process and my toes looked like somebody had just struck them with a sledge hammer!!!

The next day at the Doc's and I had the toe nails removed.

The Doctor asked how it had happen, and on being told made me an appointment with the 'Trick Cyclists'.

The boots were cleaned up and given to a cadet in the ACF who thought they were great, nicely broken in and fitted him a treat.

I told him I literary sweated blood and tears to get them in that state!!!
Christ you're dim :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L The Training Wing 39
titan Army Reserve 61
S Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment 10

Latest Threads