Blister Under Nail of Bigtoe

Gents/Ladies,

Any ideas how I can get rid of this creature?

The thought of sticking a sanitised pin/needle into my nailbed is making me feel queasy to say the least.....

View attachment 260213

I'm a big unit runnning around 12-14 miles per week.

Leave it or pop it, either way there is a good chance that the nail is soon to depart your foot.

Unless the blister gets seriously big I'd leave it and let your body do it's thing to repair the damage.

Have you got one on each big toe?
Nope, just the one. It's possibly down to having a semi-fücked right knee making me place undue pressure on my left foot.

When I run, I use a full leg and foot movement on the left foot and a slightly stilted leg movement onto the ball of my foot on the right side.

Maybe are you from Norfolk? You seem to have blisters on three of your big toes.

(Check your recently created threads)

Heat up the needle to red hot then it'll go though your nail like butter, else man up/see a doctor.
Bout the long and the short if it.
The relief when you pop the blister is amazing.
Don't forget to give it a good soaking in antiseptic afterwards.

Screenshot_2016-09-23-13-54-57.jpg

Are you Jake the Peg?

Gents/Ladies,

The thought of sticking a sanitised pin/needle into my nailbed is making me feel queasy to say the least.....

View attachment 260213

Tape it up and crack on.

Gents/Ladies,

View attachment 260213

If you are still serving pop down to the MRS and ask one of the Scab Lifter to sort it for you (but don't get fooled into having your piles checked as well), or have a session in the NAAFI Bar/Squadron Bar/Mess and after a lot of scoops get one of the more sober troops to do the deed for you.

Don't do what one of my Toms did when drunk, and self treat himself after he thought he had the clap with a combination of white spirit, petrol, Dettol and antiseptic cream.

The above 'combo' was not the problem apart from stinging a bit at the time of self treatment. Its the fact he was smoking and when he leaned over to check the results of his self medication, the lot went up in flames.

The MO stated he did not have the clap to start with and the resulting burns would probably prevent him catching a dose for some considerable time to come.

Get some permanganate of potash from your local pharmacy. Only half a dozen crystals in a bowl of hot water, get your toe in and leave it while you watch CeeBeebies then make sure you dry very well, bang on some talc and repeat until blister goes on leave. Course by now you could have hit it with a hammer but you sound like a softie so we'll let you off..as long as you don't start crying. :cool:

Got on under each big toe after a 26 mile tab. Didnt realise, just had a load of pressure on my toe and went to clip the nail of one, when all the fluid burst out. Dug at the other after that until it popped. I've lost both toenails though.

D

Deleted 20555

Leave it alone and it'll go away eventually OR cut a V shaped snip into the nail so it reached the blister which you can then pop - packed with savlon cream and cover with a plaster - if you have a wife or g/f handy she will probably pay for the opportunity to operate on you - for some reason they love this sort of thing.

if you have a wife or g/f handy she will probably pay for the opportunity to operate on you - for some reason they love this sort of thing.
I know, when I was at Uni I woke up (hungover as fück, after a night on the lash) to a strange "stabbing" sensation in my back. My girlfriend (at the time - and now wife) had decided that she didn't like the look of a mole on my back, so decided to remove it, using only a nail file and (topically) a set of toenail clippers. To say I was unimpressed was an understatement.

I got my own back a few weeks later, when she'd tied me (naked and blindfolded) to a chair and was teasing me using only her mouth, hands and a feather-duster - she got a bit carried away and I managed to nut her, right on the bridge of her nose - breaking it..

Even now nearly twenty years later she'll still occasionally refer back to me breaking her nose (of course when we're in company), but going all shy as to the circumstances. The minx.

Poof.

I had an INTERNAL blister under the pad of my heel, made me eyes water that ruddy did, a kindly medic syringed out a gallon of fluid, then syringed in a gallon of tincbenz, got me down off the ceiling , then straight back on P company.

You don't know you were born.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L The Training Wing 39
titan Army Reserve 61
S Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment 10