Blister problems.

Hi everyone, i am a 24 year old, just completed Phase 1 training in Pirbright... I am joining R.E and hav suffered from VERY BAD blistering on my feet. to the point where I couldn't walk and my Section Commander says I got feet like tissue paper... the bad thing is... he's right.
is there any way i can harden my feet up?

any help will be appreciated.

Soak cotton wool with surgical spirit and rub your feet down with it. Failing that to deal with blisters use Compeed rather than ordinary plasters. Your feet will toughen up eventually. Or just wait till you've finished Phase 2 and buy a decent set of boots. My feet have never got on with ordinary assualt boots and I was forever getting blisters with them so I got a set of Pro boots initially and them some Lowas and have had a problem since.

Agree with the surgical spirit, also walking barefoot (at home etc) as much as possible should help. What trade do you want to do? It may be wiser to invest in a good pair of slippers before your Pro boots :wink:

Old-timers used to soak feet in vinegar, might be worth a go.
What about socks? What do you use?

Zinc oxide tape is the way forward, ive always had baby feet but if you tape up the night before just before you go to bed (the tape seems to mould into ur feet, stopping it creasing up and rubbing) and you will be fine. Since first using tape bout 7 years ago iv never had any problems since. Make sure u get good tape though as funny as it sounds, the harder it is to pull off the spool the better cause its more stickier and it will not just come off in ur sock mid tab making things a lot worse.

goin in a C3S but wanna change trade mate. are ya allowed ya own boots in phase 2?

and thanks to everyone for the tips. i'll try it all. my feet get wrecked!

Pal1984

montfish said:
Clean
Lance
Iodine
Tape

and repeat ad naseum
So lets get this clear. Your answer to blisters is CLIT followed by more CLIT? Works for me matey. :lol: :lol: :lol:

P-T

Pal1984 said:
are ya allowed ya own boots in phase 2?
are you from the deep south of america ????

plant_life said:
Keep on dreaming about wearing non issued boots at Gib Barracks whilst on your B3.
some units only allow bought boots on scheme/tour/etc but issued boots whilst on camp.

Sod that. My feet do not get on with assualt boots one bit so I always wear Pro Boots in camp which are issued I suppose. Where ever I've been the policy is that provided the boots are black and not in complete rag order you can wear them in camp. Para smocks only to be worn in camp by those who have passed P-Coy or AACC.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sapper007 Health and Fitness 16
Reflection The Training Wing 17
Crazy_Legs The Intelligence Cell 12