Blister, help!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by cascabel, Sep 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hiya.

I have a blister in my big toe. It´s inside it if you know what I mean, so I can´t pop it, and it´s very painful. 8O

Have you got any ideas as to what I can do so it goes away quickly?

Any help very much appreciated.
  2. Amputation. It may be a bit painful, but you'll be relieved to know that you'll never suffer from the same problem again.

It's just the same cure as for tonsilitis.
  3. Aahh, thanks.

Now, where did I put my saw...
  4. You're either hard as nails or inexperienced in this line of work.

Use these:

Very quick and it saves you having to bend down too much.
  5. I´d say inexperienced, I´d never had a freak blister like this one before, I thank you very much for enlightening me with your vast experience :lol:
  6. You could put magnesium sulphate (from the chemist) on it it may help to draw it to the surface but its a long shot and may noy be too successful. If you can see it under the skin you could stick a hyperdermic in it ,to relieve the pressure, but then you risk introducing infection. You could soak it in very cold very salty water the cold will reduce swelling and hopefully the pressure, the salt should encourage the fluid to move away from the blister. Finally you could just man up and wait for it to fix itself, which it will do eventually, that is what I would do.
  7. Is it a blister or a foreign body? Either way, the proper answer is to get a medic to look at it.

If you're a typical bloke, you'll probably have a quick jab with a sterilised pin and a damned good squeeze. (But I didn't say to do this, OK?)
  8. So there isn´t much I can do, that´s all I wanted to know.

Thank you for your replies :thumright:

Edited to add: Puttees, I´m a laydee, popping a deep blister is just not going to happen!! The pain!!!
  9. Tink Benzine I think its called. Worked a treat for me.
  10. Compeed a treat!...but yet again sterile hypodermic needle and a decent plaster should do the trick......also found a tight wrapping of micropore might help to protect it while it's doing it's own thing.
  11. On ARRSE? :D

Zinc Oxide Tape for the blister.
  12. ...or you could put your toe in your mouth and suck very hard.

If you do this, it's best to crunch a Trebor mint just before it goes POP!
  13. Stop sucking it.
  14. putees had the best advice, see a medic. Sounds like it might be a "foreign body" in which case, what on earth are you doing harbouring asylum-seekers in your socks?

Give them a good wash love. And your feet too, while you're at it.

If its an area that is alway going to blister, because in a previous life you wore shoes which are designed to make you look sexy, but which fcuk up your feet, then next time you go tabbing/clerking or whatever you do, stick a piece of glossy paper between your toes, like paper out of a fag packet or similar, almost card.

This will stop the friction on your chinese-mistress-bound-toes