Blind WW2 hero denied care funding by Ministry of Defence

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Drone_pilot, Mar 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A war hero who lost both his eyes in the Second World War has been
    denied funding by the Ministry of Defence for his round-the-clock care.

War veteran Bob Coupland, 90, was blinded by a phosphorous grenade in
    1944 during the Normandy invasion.

Despite his disability a courageous Mr Coupland - who received an award for
    gallantry and distinguished service - continued to work all his life until retiring at 65.

Daily Mail Read More
  2. I'm sure the chavs need it more. Makes me so angry.
  3. MoD aren't really supposed to pay for this surely?

Isn't it a job for some other department?

Failing that, to London, burn the reichstag!!!!!!1
  4. I've spotted the problem he's not a non UK brown gay muslim bogus asylum seeker, had he been any or all of the above he would have got funding but he's white, christian and an upstanding Englishman thats served his country with bravery, so he doesn't count.
  5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

6. Sounds about right mate. :shakefist:
  7. Story makes it clear it's a war pensions issue. The War Pensions Scheme is administered by the Veterans Agency of the Ministry of Defence.
  8. That would be up to Mr Coupland, his family and of course the excellent St Dunstan's. But I doubt it, from the sound of this particular case.
  9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

When will people learn the MoD doesnt give a toss about vets or the serving service personel, as long as they get the job to a degree.

They have consistantly been blinkered to the needs of the old and bold, which we will all become- if you work on getting nothing from the MoD then you wont be disappointed.
  10. I said it on a different thread - WHERE THE FCUK IS CROMWELL? This lot in power need a major attitude readjustment - people are sick of this kind of nonsense - and the Veterans Agency is just a reflection of this sh1tstate of affairs. Meanwhile that cnut Broon is offering small fortune to host the World Cup :pissedoff: :pissedoff: :pissedoff: :pissedoff: