Blind poppy seller robbed

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vandyke, Nov 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

These oiks will steal from any charity. Poppy tins are no different to them.
    Sad but I'm afraid a reflection of some of society.
    But I'm glad to say they are in the minority.
  3. I heard this on the news this morning, f*cking discraceful lowlife scum. The outrage bus is VOR through overuse at the moment otherwise we could get a lynching mob together
  4. Sod the bus - and old fashioned 'pitchforks and flaming torches' mob is what that cnut needs. Maybe with a black and decker drill or two thrown in for good measure.
  5. Absolute fecking cretinous scum. When the feck are the useless fecking moron government going to turn round and start banging these cnuts up for years and years, instead of two days litter picking. Bring back the fecking birch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. When (as someone on a seperate thread) that Repellant Cherie B liar and her kind fcuk off for good, instead of spreading their poisonous 'logic.'
  7. Whoever did this is scum. Well done to the poppy seller for getting back on with the job.
  8. ******* ******** ******* twat face bastard shit.
  9. Collectors tend to stand in busy places, and having got through all but a handful of his poppies this chap was clearly no exception.

The question then is not "Why did someone steal the tin?", but "Why did nobody stop the thief?".

There will always be lowlifes, and no level of outrage at that will change that. The problem is when people - for whatever reason - shirk their responsibilities toward the society in which they live.

Outraged? Of course! But only because nobody on that street had the wits or the balls to tackle the morally bankrupt opportunist.
  10. You're an idiot, Chubb.
  11. I'll sell it back for £400 ;)
  12. Well said Invictus. Nation of bloody spectators, when this sort of thing happens. Unfortunately, it seems to happen every year, that a poppy collection tin is nicked, albeit this being particularly sick, given Lionel Broughton's age and infirmness.

Sooner or later, ordinary, decent people are going to start taking the law into their own hands where this type of thing is concerned, purely because those that do get caught are not punished sufficiently enough to act as a warning to others with sticky fingers.

Good effort by Lionel Broughton and all who are working so hard with this year's collection.

13. If there was ever an ex-soldier that deserved the accolade of the CGS, this man fits the bill.
  14. i would like to meet the individual who did this.......WITH A PAIR OF PLIARS AND A BLOWTORTCH !
  15. :roll: