Blind poppy seller robbed

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-blind-war-veterans-poppy-collection-tin.html

The Telegraph said:
The criminal waited until 86-year-old Lionel Broughton had placed the tin on the ground before grabbing it and running away.

Mr Broughton, a widower, had collected around £300 and was about to go home after selling all but 13 of his poppies.

But as he put the tin on the ground while he got his belongings together, a thief crept up and grabbed it.

Mr Broughton, who served in the Second World War, said yesterday he felt only pity for the thief.

He added: "I don't feel angry. I feel sorry for them because they've obviously got something missing."

But Mr Broughton was back collecting in Rugby, Warks, for the British Legion appeal the day after the theft, proudly wearing his war medals.

He said: "The British Legion asked me: 'Are you sure you want to carry on collecting?' But I've got will power. I wanted to do it."

Mr Broughton, whose wife died 10 months ago, added: "The money is urgently needed. I remember the teenage soldiers who gave their lives, the people who came back with no legs, no arms, no eyes. I wish I could do more collections."

Peter Wragg, chairman of the local Royal British Legion Club, said he was horrified by the theft.

He added: "It's horrendous. They're the dregs of the earth really, aren't they? I hope they catch those who did it."

A police spokesman said: "It was a particularly mean and despicable theft."

oldbaldy

LE
These oiks will steal from any charity. Poppy tins are no different to them.
Sad but I'm afraid a reflection of some of society.
But I'm glad to say they are in the minority.

I heard this on the news this morning, f*cking discraceful lowlife scum. The outrage bus is VOR through overuse at the moment otherwise we could get a lynching mob together

REgards said:
I heard this on the news this morning, f*cking discraceful lowlife scum. The outrage bus is VOR through overuse at the moment otherwise we could get a lynching mob together
Sod the bus - and old fashioned 'pitchforks and flaming torches' mob is what that cnut needs. Maybe with a black and decker drill or two thrown in for good measure.

Absolute fecking cretinous scum. When the feck are the useless fecking moron government going to turn round and start banging these cnuts up for years and years, instead of two days litter picking. Bring back the fecking birch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When (as someone on a seperate thread) that Repellant Cherie B liar and her kind fcuk off for good, instead of spreading their poisonous 'logic.'

JT67

Old-Salt
Whoever did this is scum. Well done to the poppy seller for getting back on with the job.

Collectors tend to stand in busy places, and having got through all but a handful of his poppies this chap was clearly no exception.

The question then is not "Why did someone steal the tin?", but "Why did nobody stop the thief?".

There will always be lowlifes, and no level of outrage at that will change that. The problem is when people - for whatever reason - shirk their responsibilities toward the society in which they live.

Outraged? Of course! But only because nobody on that street had the wits or the balls to tackle the morally bankrupt opportunist.

levi said:
These thugs need to be locked up and the key thrown away , How can they be so heartless to steal this -blind-war-veterans-poppy-collection-tin.From Mr Broughton, whose wife died 10 months ago was only trying to help the poppy appeal . This gentleman is a credit to the British People and i sincerley hope that these thugs realise what they have done to this poor gentleman and the British Legion who were only trying to help our armed forces .
You're an idiot, Chubb.

Invictus_88 said:
Collectors tend to stand in busy places, and having got through all but a handful of his poppies this chap was clearly no exception.

The question then is not "Why did someone steal the tin?", but "Why did nobody stop the thief?".

There will always be lowlifes, and no level of outrage at that will change that. The problem is when people - for whatever reason - shirk their responsibilities toward the society in which they live.

Outraged? Of course! But only because nobody on that street had the wits or the balls to tackle the morally bankrupt opportunist.
Well said Invictus. Nation of bloody spectators, when this sort of thing happens. Unfortunately, it seems to happen every year, that a poppy collection tin is nicked, albeit this being particularly sick, given Lionel Broughton's age and infirmness.

Sooner or later, ordinary, decent people are going to start taking the law into their own hands where this type of thing is concerned, purely because those that do get caught are not punished sufficiently enough to act as a warning to others with sticky fingers.

Good effort by Lionel Broughton and all who are working so hard with this year's collection.

vandyke said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/3389438/Thief-steals-blind-war-veterans-poppy-collection-tin.html

The Telegraph said:
The criminal waited until 86-year-old Lionel Broughton had placed the tin on the ground before grabbing it and running away.

Mr Broughton, a widower, had collected around £300 and was about to go home after selling all but 13 of his poppies.

But as he put the tin on the ground while he got his belongings together, a thief crept up and grabbed it.

Mr Broughton, who served in the Second World War, said yesterday he felt only pity for the thief.

He added: "I don't feel angry. I feel sorry for them because they've obviously got something missing."

But Mr Broughton was back collecting in Rugby, Warks, for the British Legion appeal the day after the theft, proudly wearing his war medals.

He said: "The British Legion asked me: 'Are you sure you want to carry on collecting?' But I've got will power. I wanted to do it."

Mr Broughton, whose wife died 10 months ago, added: "The money is urgently needed. I remember the teenage soldiers who gave their lives, the people who came back with no legs, no arms, no eyes. I wish I could do more collections."

Peter Wragg, chairman of the local Royal British Legion Club, said he was horrified by the theft.

He added: "It's horrendous. They're the dregs of the earth really, aren't they? I hope they catch those who did it."

A police spokesman said: "It was a particularly mean and despicable theft."

If there was ever an ex-soldier that deserved the accolade of the CGS, this man fits the bill.

A

ALVIN

i would like to meet the individual who did this.......WITH A PAIR OF PLIARS AND A BLOWTORTCH !

The chav c*nt that done this needs a fuckin shoeing & I hope he dies screaming in his cell while his cell mate,Bubba, reams his arse with his fist!!
C*nts like this are beneath contempt & need removing from the gene pool!!!!

Low. Very low. Lower than a snakes arse!!

Hope they get the guy and I hope the people of Rugby try to make it up to the RBL.

The poor soul who committed this theft is clearly in need of some foot massage... preferably with bolt croppers. It's times like this when I'm up for a bit of Sharia. 8O