Blimey! Theyre a bit good!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by 2404Motorman, Mar 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nice, but the Booties do it better!

2. feck what a performance, as a drummer myself these last 20 odd years this has made the hairs at the back of my neck stand up!!

3. The Booties dont even come close

4. Do they Feck. No one does it better than the Top Secret Drum Corps. They were formed specially to take part in the 2003 Edinburgh Tattoo and were supposed to be disbanded after the event. Its good to see that they have carried on.

I watched these guys 25 times in the 2003 Tattoo and never got bored of them.

I also saw the yanks do their close order drill and it was v tedious.

5. Watched them on this years Edinburgh festival. Thought they were fücking spotty dog.

Didn't know they were formed especially for the tattoo.
    The geezer on commentary did mention they were normal joe's though, plumbers etc etc.

Superb.

6. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

You don't hear it when they are playing synced up/in unison, but I think they've tuned the bass drums to intervals, apart from an outstanding performance, thats what made it for me. Well that and the fencing with drumsticks...

7. Seen spam college kids do a better job.

8. They are normal Joes too. But at the same time they're also all "Guggemusiker".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lORgcvKg-4

MsG

9. Nice.

10. BY the way, "birräweich" is Swiss-German for "soft in the head".

MsG

11. With firearms and pipebombs yes

with drums no

12. Suppose during the years I was 'in', I saw most of our display teams at work. PTIs, Rifle Bde, booties, RAF Regt to list a few. However, this lot was far superior to anything I remember seeing elsewhere. As someone said, makes the hairs stand up.

13. Awesome.

They must train like mad men.

I don't think we ahve anything that touches them.

And they certainly sh1t all over the cringworth, vomit inducing yank drill.