Bliars Press Sec. Says He Visits the Wounded

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Escape-from-PPRuNe, May 14, 2005.

1. No , not seen and I would have remembered it.

2. Yes , Blair did visit us

0 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After the Grauniad's story about Dave Corrigan, Blair's press officer Tom Kelly (the chap who called Dr. David Kelly a Walter Mitty figure) wrote to the paper and claimed Blair really has been visiting the wounded in hospital, but he doesn't tell the media because it's private.

Any sightings of the man? If you've seen Blair visiting the wounded, please contact me.
  2. No sightings of El Presidente in the Headley area, lots of lads with limbs missing though.
  3. No, he doesn't care about the wounded or vets. He won't of gone - he has no balls and he will feel far too guilty. TCB is a real cnut :evil:
  4. He didnt visit any of the 46 PWRR casualties in Birmingham. Cnut.
  5. Well he either has visited them or he hasn't.

Any sightings?

Either here, or in a parallel dimension?

Through a mirror darkly....
  6. Bliar is used to lying - perhaps he "imagined" visiting them??
  7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Shortly after the furore over Bliar & TCH's failure to visit the troops, and Prince Charles's visit to RCDM, I understand the Dear Leader did indeed go to Birmingham to see some of the wounded. His press people claimed that it was a long standing arrangement, which will explain why no-one at RCDM knew anything about it until a couple of days beforehand.

As far as I know neither the Grand Charlatan, TCH or any of their lickspittles has visited JSMRU Headley Court, or any of the MDHUs. As far as I am aware, they have also failed to visit Combat Stress, Priory Clinics or other facility treating service personnel with psychiatric injuries caused by their war service.
  8. Although it would have been (still is) the right thing to do in my case i really dont think he would have been welcome. Way to busy dealing with the the guy's and relatives/admin.
    I think i would not have been able to stop myself coming out with a smart arrse comment: Ow Hi there Tony, come over here and have a good look at what 9% burnes, wankerd leg/arm/hand/head looks like.
    He didnt visit so my little pension in August is safe. Complete Cnut
  9. Can this be converted at this late stage by EFP or a mod into a poll?

You Know

Bliar did visit us
    Bliar hasn't visited our Wounded yet
    I was coming round from the Anaesthetic and I cant be sure but
  10. Your wish effendi ........etc etc ;)
  11. Forgot to add that TCB also didnt visit the 3 poor fukcers i collected from Bristol Priory. He would have had it been one of his celebrity mates there for the drying out. :roll:
  12. Intelligent questioning in Parliament and use of the FoI act may well throw some light on Bliar's visits. Perhaps they are in the same category as his attempt to stow away to the Carribean...
  13. It would be utterly amazing, and surely a resigning matter for at least one of the parties involved, if the letter from Mr Blair's Press spokesman did not have some basis in fact. This is the text of the Guardian letter about Mr Blair visiting the wounded:

• Blair facts

Thursday May 12, 2005
      The Guardian

I'd like to pay tribute to your leader (True grit, May 5), in which you reflect that the oft-repeated story about the prime minister claiming he'd seen Jackie Milburn play for Newcastle United was, in fact, a lie invented and promulgated by the media. There is another more serious allegation, oft repeated, that I'd like to lay to rest. It cropped up most recently in Ed Vulliamy's profile of Dave Corrigan (Inside story: fighting mad, G2, May 4), a former soldier serving in Iraq. It is that the prime minister has never visited soldiers wounded in the Iraq conflict in hospital. He has - he just hasn't announced it to the media, because he believes such visits should be private.

Tom Kelly
      Prime minister's press office
  14. As PVR said..........FoI. 'Can the Prime Minister list or make available information on all past trips to visit Service Personnel either Officially or Unofficially where Public resources were used for either transportaion or protection purposes? Failing that could the PM indicate which MDHU or Hospital he visited in order to visit that/those wounded person/personnel?'
  15. This is quite simple, ill phone one of the RCDM aeromed team on Monday and get the answer.