Bliar to face Iraq Inquiry soon?

#1
From today's Independent:
Inquiry into Iraq conflict is likely, says Johnson
By Colin Brown, Deputy Political Editor
Published: 18 May 2007

An inquiry into the war in Iraq could take place in a Gordon Brown government, Alan Johnson - the front-runner for the deputy leadership - has told supporters.

The Education Secretary told a hustings meeting that an Iraq inquiry which has been resisted by Tony Blair was likely to happen when the Prime Minister stands down. His allies said he believes it could help to draw a line under the mistakes of the Blair years.
Sound of knives sharpening, or whitewash stirring?

I look at One-Eyed-Gordo (deprived so long of his 'rightful inheritance' 8) ) and I am almost sure I hear the former.
 
#2
In a just world, perhaps.
Sadly, in the brave new Britain of new Liebour spin, I fear that I'm not holding my breath.
Unless, of course, Gorgo is feeling vindictive - and I sense that he is perhaps a vindictive man. But I can't believe that it will go beyond a bit of playground mud chucking.
 
#3
Bambi said:
But I can't believe that it will go beyond a bit of playground mud chucking.
I suppose it depends how much Gordie feels his chances of winning the next election are likely to be hampered by blair's "legacy": an inquiry would be the ideal way to categorically distance himself from the whole sorry mess and ingratiate himself with all those who feel the Iraq situation has been mishandled from the start.
 
#4
_Artemis_ said:
Bambi said:
But I can't believe that it will go beyond a bit of playground mud chucking.
I suppose it depends how much Gordie feels his chances of winning the next election are likely to be hampered by blair's "legacy": an inquiry would be the ideal way to categorically distance himself from the whole sorry mess and ingratiate himself with all those who feel the Iraq situation has been mishandled from the start.

...who would hopefully ask the question why he never came out beforehand.
 
#5
Nowt will happen we all know. They knew they pulled the wool over the public's eyes with the 25 minutes from death speech 'we need to invade now of Iraq will push the WMD 'weapons of mass dissapeared' button'.

We lost the war the day we landed. Now we are being picked off day by day. Fooks sake they now have a shaped charge which can take out a challenger!
 
#6
Vimeiro said:
_Artemis_ said:
Bambi said:
But I can't believe that it will go beyond a bit of playground mud chucking.
I suppose it depends how much Gordie feels his chances of winning the next election are likely to be hampered by blair's "legacy": an inquiry would be the ideal way to categorically distance himself from the whole sorry mess and ingratiate himself with all those who feel the Iraq situation has been mishandled from the start.

...who would hopefully ask the question why he never came out beforehand.
Exactly - I'd like to think that just keeping very, very quiet about Iraq wouldn't get him off the hook.
 
#8
H_M_ARRSE said:
DO WE ALL KNOE HE HAS A $50 M DOLLAR MANSION IN AMERICA! Thats Blair!
More please - is this something I've missed?
 
#9
lf common folk are being arrested for just carrying/possessing eggs by the cops. Tony B'liar should be arrested, just for loitering on the 'world stage' with intent to do more permanent damage to our once GREAT nation; then that's NEW LABOUR for you - NO shame, whatsoever.........

Don't forget though, it's the tax payer, forces personal included, that are paying for his (and l bet the rest of the B'liar FREEBIE family aren't that far behind) 'OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH, Look At ME Tour, 2007!' lt's FREE all perks included - and no-one has yet, picked him up on his BIG carbon foot prints. How Green is NEW LABOUR - again ?

l apologise for leaving the subject some-what, but lets put the guy B'liar in the stocks.
 
#11
Stonker said:
From today's Independent:
Inquiry into Iraq conflict is likely, says Johnson
By Colin Brown, Deputy Political Editor
Published: 18 May 2007

An inquiry into the war in Iraq could take place in a Gordon Brown government, Alan Johnson - the front-runner for the deputy leadership - has told supporters.

The Education Secretary told a hustings meeting that an Iraq inquiry which has been resisted by Tony Blair was likely to happen when the Prime Minister stands down. His allies said he believes it could help to draw a line under the mistakes of the Blair years.
Sound of knives sharpening, or whitewash stirring?

I look at One-Eyed-Gordo (deprived so long of his 'rightful inheritance' 8) ) and I am almost sure I hear the former.
I think that when he leaves the security of his system he will then try to bury the nightmare that is IRAQ. People will see that the problem remains-the solution is not in sight-the perpetrator of this crime against the human race-is still at large.

Then the deafening silence of absent justice will haunt the minds of the moral few who remain in power. Then and only then will the laughing cavalier be called back to face his war.

Only then will the wax creases on the face of denial break-the reality will one day dawn and the man who is responsible for the hell that is- will walk the path of human justice.

I know it, I feel it with every fibre of my being-he will one day be called to explain-WHY.

There will be no reason, no justified explanation, no escape from the dawn of his reality-then the man behind this struggle into the abyss will understand that with his power there was great responsibility and that responsibility was- for Britain-Tony Blair's.
 
#12
EAGLE1 said:
Stonker said:
From today's Independent:
Inquiry into Iraq conflict is likely, says Johnson
By Colin Brown, Deputy Political Editor
Published: 18 May 2007

An inquiry into the war in Iraq could take place in a Gordon Brown government, Alan Johnson - the front-runner for the deputy leadership - has told supporters.

The Education Secretary told a hustings meeting that an Iraq inquiry which has been resisted by Tony Blair was likely to happen when the Prime Minister stands down. His allies said he believes it could help to draw a line under the mistakes of the Blair years.
Sound of knives sharpening, or whitewash stirring?

I look at One-Eyed-Gordo (deprived so long of his 'rightful inheritance' 8) ) and I am almost sure I hear the former.
I think that when he leaves the security of his system he will then try to bury the nightmare that is IRAQ. People will see that the problem remains-the solution is not in sight-the perpetrator of this crime against the human race-is still at large.

Then the deafening silence of absent justice will haunt the minds of the moral few who remain in power. Then and only then will the laughing cavalier be called back to face his war.

Only then will the wax creases on the face of denial break-the reality will one day dawn and the man who is responsible for the hell that is- will walk the path of human justice.

I know it, I feel it with every fibre of my being-he will one day be called to explain-WHY.

There will be no reason, no justified explanation, no escape from the dawn of his reality-then the man behind this struggle into the abyss will understand that with his power there was great responsibility and that responsibility was- for Britain-Tony Blair's.
Perhaps Gordon knows that the end in Iraq will be messy, and the bloodletting when we pull out will be horrible. This will reflect badly on the PM of the moment, if he wants to be elected then he has to say that it was nothing to do with him. How better a way to do it and stick the knife in his Tonyness than this?

But then where was Gordon's voice when the invasion was being prepared?

I too hope he pays, or rather they both do.


Shaped-charge to take out a chally? Are there still a lot of them there, and why?

$50m house tell more.
 
#13
I expect the inquiry will be conducted with the same thoroughness and attention to facts as the 2003 Hutton Inquiry into the death of Dr David Kelly.

No blame will be apportioned, guilty parties will be exonerated and the nasty student who wrote the "45 minute release of weapons of mass destruction" dossier some 10 years prior will be reprimanded for failing to copywrite his material.

Whitewash incoming!!!!!!!!
 
#14
There has to be a fall guy. Whether it's Blair or not, who knows? Praps Blair could see off the Attorney General in much the same way that David Kelly went, and pin the blame for Iraq onto him. And just like Lee Harvey Oswald before him, the stiff couldn't defend himself. Then Broon could get a hitman to see off Blair just like Jack Ruby and the whole sorry package could be despatched quickly into history, to allow a clear passage for Broon to the next election, on the back of an antiWar / antiBlair / antiSleaze / honest Gordon, Iraq's now part of dead Tony's sordid dealings and nothing to do with me campaign.

I'd vote for him.
 
#15
frenchperson said:
Whether it's Blair or not, who knows? Praps Blair could see off the Attorney General in much the same way that David Kelly went, and pin the blame for Iraq onto him.
:D :D

Goldsmith has the CPS in his pocket and will be instrumental in recommendation of cash for honours prosecutions despite the denial of a conflict of interest.

Once he has adjusted his report to reflect Bliars opinions, then I`m sure a tragic accident may occur. He would have outlived his purpose in the Bliar/Goldsmith symbiotic relationship. :twisted: :twisted:
 
#16
Dwarf said:
1.Shaped-charge to take out a chally? 2.Are there still a lot of them there, and 3. why?
1. Google for 'explosively formed penetrator' . Then do it again in google news.

2. Yes

3. Partly because they are relatively easy to make, and there's loads of ordnance tucked away in Iraq, leftover from the days of previous management, and partly because Iraq's neighbours are helping factions in their fight against occupation.

4. Don't you read the papers? 8)
 
#17
frenchperson said:
There has to be a fall guy. Whether it's Blair or not, who knows? Praps Blair could see off the Attorney General in much the same way that David Kelly went, and pin the blame for Iraq onto him. And just like Lee Harvey Oswald before him, the stiff couldn't defend himself. Then Broon could get a hitman to see off Blair just like Jack Ruby and the whole sorry package could be despatched quickly into history, to allow a clear passage for Broon to the next election, on the back of an antiWar / antiBlair / antiSleaze / honest Gordon, Iraq's now part of dead Tony's sordid dealings and nothing to do with me campaign.

I'd vote for him.
I'm not disposed - like some on this site - to automatically disagree with you Frenchie (something to do with the common ethnic origins of your nom-de-arrse and my real surname, perhaps) BUT, given that the dire straits of the Defence of the Realm (first duty of government, I believe) are directly a consequence of Broon's doctrinaire parsimony, I'd have to pass on voting for him, even if he were to completely withdraw the British contingent from Tehran - oops, sorry Basrah. 8)
 
#18
Stonker said:
Dwarf said:
1.Shaped-charge to take out a chally? 2.Are there still a lot of them there, and 3. why?
1. Google for 'explosively formed penetrator' . Then do it again in google news.

2. Yes

3. Partly because they are relatively easy to make, and there's loads of ordnance tucked away in Iraq, leftover from the days of previous management, and partly because Iraq's neighbours are helping factions in their fight against occupation.

4. Don't you read the papers? 8)

1 Ta.

2. Badly expressed, mea culpa. I meant the tanks. I know what a shaped charge is. I can see the need for lots of tanks in the invasion, less in 'the peace'.

3. see above.

4. Yes, but if you look at my location you will see that they are not in English, I look at arrse in part to be informed as I am really out of touch in a lot of things, British Army details don't sell papers over here.
 
#19
Dwarf said:
Stonker said:
4. Don't you read the papers? 8)
4. Yes, but if you look at my location you will see that they are not in English, I look at arrse in part to be informed as I am really out of touch in a lot of things, British Army details don't sell papers over here.
Have these on me:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/
http://www.guardian.co.uk/
http://www.independent.co.uk/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk
http://news.bbc.co.uk/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/listenagain/

5. Peace? You're in Catalonia for God's sake - not another planet!! You're more out of touch than you think, scan this, then download and read the source document:
Chatham House said:
Summary.

• Iraq has fractured into regional power bases. Political, security and economic power has devolved to local sectarian, ethnic or tribal political groupings. The Iraqi government is only one of several ‘state-like’ actors. The regionalization of Iraqi political life needs to be recognized as a defining feature of Iraq’s political structure.

• There is not ‘a’ civil war in Iraq, but many civil wars and insurgencies involving a number of communities and organizations struggling for power. The surge is not curbing the high level of violence, and improvements in security cannot happen in a matter of months.

• The conflicts have become internalized between Iraqis as the polarization of sectarian and ethnic identities reaches ever deeper into Iraqi society and causes the breakdown of social cohesion.

• Critical destabilizing issues will come to the fore in 2007–8. Federalism, the control of oil and control of disputed territories need to be resolved.

• Each of Iraq’s three major neighbouring states, Iran, Saudi Arabia and Turkey, has different reasons for seeing the instability there continue, and each uses different methods to influence developments.

• These current harsh realities need to be accepted if new strategies are to have any chance of preventing the failure and collapse of Iraq. A political solution will require engagement with organizations possessing popular legitimacy and needs to be an Iraqi accommodation, rather than a regional or US-imposed approach.
To download the full briefing paper CLICK HERE

Oh yeah, and definitely read this bloke:
http://www.michaelyon-online.com/wp/rattlesnake.htm.

[align=center] :D :D [/align]
 
#20
There will be an inquiry very soon. The Big Clunking Fist will not want Lord Bliar of Sedgefield sniping from the red benches. An Iraq inquiry will finish him for good.
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top