Bliar scared to accept US medal - Times

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Aug 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-1752414,00.html

2. I dont know what the feelings are on this forum regarding the Iraq War, or Blair for that matter, but I was personally against the war and have little respect for that man for not admitting his mistakes.

3. They are varied to say the least. If you use the search facility, you can go back to when it actually happened, and what we were all saying then.

Regards

PTP

4. On one of the Bangkok Boozeing/Whoreing boards I use, ALL the ex military where against the war.
    john

5. It is worthy of note that many people both Democrates and Republicans have spoken out against the award of this medal to Blair, on the basis that he has done nothing that genuinely qualifies him for it, and view it as a direct reward for his support of the President, rather than for his own actions like previous winners.

6. Phoney Tony should accept it and I'd like to have the honour of presenting it to him.

It'd have to be mounted on two 6-inch long, razor-sharp prongs, though.

MsG

7. Perhaps he wants to wait till all the Telic medals have been issued, so 2008 - 2009 sounds about right.

Sparky

8. I say give it to him when the 'War on Terror' is finally over... because it's bound to be post-humous

9. You're right there frenchy, it's not very funny.

10. He don' need no steenkin' medals!

TONY Blair is expected to join one of the most exclusive groups of businessmen in the world after he leaves Downing Street.

The PM is being lined up for a highly lucrative position with the Carlyle Group - an American-based investment giant with strong links to the White House and the defence industry.

The firm has been nicknamed "The Ex-Presidents Club" because it has had a host of former world leaders on its books including George Bush Senior, his former secretary of state James Baker and former British PM John Major. There a also a large number of former US Army top brass.

The firm has been nicknamed "The Ex-Presidents Club" because it has had a host of former world leaders on its books including George Bush Senior, his former secretary of state James Baker and former British PM John Major. There a also a large number of former US Army top brass.

"IS BLAIR OFF TO JOIN $30BN WORLD ELITE?" by Rupert Hamer.
    http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/fullnewsbottom/tm_objectid%3D15880889%26method%3Dfull%26siteid%3D106694-name_page.html

11. Slimey git deserves it.

He's done far more for George Bush than he's ever done for Britain.

Infact while he's there accepting it he can take US citizenship and stay there.

Ought to remember he's supposed to represent the interests of his country, not his own and those of his friends.

12. Thanks, but no thanks.

13. Go on' you know you want the cnut, mind you I dont know anybody here who does either....