Bliar questioned by police over Cash for Honours

Just on the news now. Bliar is getting 'interviewed' by the police regarding 'Cash for Honours'. Only as a witness and not as a suspect..........

More to follow.

Interviewed on the same day as the Stevens enquiry reports and the announcement of a VC and GC.

Good day to bury bad news?

So the threats didn't work then?

Good, well done that investigating Copper :D

three threads going on this topic in the CA in the last 15 mins!!.

it must be important! :D

And he is not likely to be questioned again or prosecuted :? There is no justice :x :x

Petriburg said:
Feel his collar? JUST THROTTLE THE FECKER!!!
It must have crossed the good constable's mind.

Would any resident Neue Arbeit apologists care to comment on the timing of this little snippet? The Di report and two posthumous gallantry awards...seems very convenient to me. The 'pop' of the No 10 Press Office smoke grenades is almost palpable.

I bet this story has disappeared down the ratings by the time the drones are sitting in front of the box with their TV dinners this evening...unless a news editor or two have acquired some minerals.

Sven said:
The Beeb has said that His not being interviewed is an indication that there will probably be no charges.
Not entirely accurate; it was an indication that the Dear Leader will probably not be charged, but that doesn't mean that other members of his grubby, mendacious little gang won't face charges.

ViroBono said:
Sven said:
The Beeb has said that His not being interviewed is an indication that there will probably be no charges.
Not entirely accurate; it was an indication that the Dear Leader will probably not be charged, but that doesn't mean that other members of his grubby, mendacious little gang won't face charges.

I hope that You similarly turn Your quaint turn of phrase onto those who have possibly carried out similar naughtyness in the Conservative and Lib Dem parties

Robinson has just this moment said that the police - if there is any slight chance of a charge being brought - will err on the side of caution and read the person their rights.

He said that the implication therefore is that Blair will not be charged.

Robinsons words, not mine

Fred_Cat said:
Interviewed on the same day as the Stevens enquiry reports and the announcement of a VC and GC.

Good day to bury bad news?
No - this would suggest that No10 has the power to decide when investigating officers 'schedule' their appointments. They do not have that power.

I'm particularly enjoying the agonised squeals of indignation from various elements of Murdoch's shabby empire (Sky News, The Scum etc) having been blindsided by the announcement that (initially) 'Yates of the Yard' (poor man) had been round to chat to the PM; then that the PM ('who will be leaving No10 any time now - his car engine is running - he's gonna be facing some tough questions when he leaves') just got into said car, grinning quietly.

If it's a good day for anything, it's clearly a good day for journos being put in their place (see 'Savaging of Paparazzi' in the Stevens report) and being casually informed of the unprecedented questioning (as a witness!) of the PM somewhat after the fact.

I don't think anyone in possession of more than 2 brain cells seriously believes the PM's hands are entirely spotless in this affair...try proving it. I feel for DAC John Yates and look forward to his report.

Addendum: We now have more grubby journos asking each other questions like 'John, just how unprecedented is this?' :D

Irrespective of this nonsense the quicker Bliar and New Labour goes the better.

His Government is a total disaster, everything they have touched they have ruined, everything they promised has yet to be seen.

Rotten through and through........

mukhabarat2003 said:

His Government is a total disaster, everything they have touched they have ruined, everything they promised has yet to be seen.

Much as I would like to see Labour supplanted by the Lib Dems, I doubt that either opposition party will form the next government

mukhabarat2003 said:

What a friend of mine called the "NegaMidas Touch". He coined this phrase at a period in his life when everything he touched turned to sh!te.

I just googled negamidas and nega-midas and got nothing so if it catches on you heard it here first!