Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Jaeger, Dec 26, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So, Tony pops out to see the boy's in the great sandpit before Xmas and has his grinnig features snapped with the lads including one "photo-op" with him standing on an AS90 surrounded by the troops. Anybody else out there think that this was all a bit too chummy by half? I mean we've all seen the Yank bigwigs glad-handing and high-fiving the troops and all the whooping and hollering that goes on. It make me want to vomit to be frank. Personally I've got a deep seated suspicion of politicians (esp. New labour ones) and think squaddies should keep their distance from them and never be pictured in such a way as to give the impression to Joe Public that we like the bastards. I was always happy to see the odd member of the Royal Family and more than happy to be photographed with them (no hidden agendas,see?) but politicians! Here today, gone tomorrow (if only) opportunistic back-stabbing swine, Nein Danke.
  2. 307

307 War Hero

I agree, what are AS90s still doing out in Iraq? I'm sure they've been shipped home by now?
  3. The subject is a good idea. Desert to be somewhere like old TOS area with just pis* to drink
  4. call me an old cynic but wasnt our great leaders trip timed just right to take some heat out of the Butt report?.......just a thought :twisted:
  5. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Butt report ?

Isn't that posh for a fart ?
  6. Some of our younger and some would say naiver troops was heard to say, Great to see him , as if the tw*t was a pop-star or someone we actually wanted here. By comparison John Barnes and the page 3 girls had a better reception, at least they weren't just here to be seen by selected press photographers.
    It all looked like No. 10's idea to boost Tory Bliar's exposure at home as we come up to an election year , sort of 'look i'm great , i visit the troops in the holidays ,and give up my holiday for them' bullshi-ite.
  7. My point exactly Clerkofdeath! It's a set-up to make Bliar look good and that young lad fell for it, I mean some of them were getting his autograph!!!! Christ!. Much better to have the lads fell in in three ranks, quick salute knowing smile and firm handshake from the Sarnt -Major followed by expressions of mild disinterest from the troops as Bliar trots out some pre-rehearsed platitudes for the benefit of his constituents. Personaly speaking I doubt if I could bring myself to speak to the man and as for shaking his hand or being photographed with him,I think not.
  8. If every picture tells a story....the true feelings of the chaps towards our beloved leader will out...... :twisted: :lol:
  9. I wouldnt criticise any of tha lads or lassies who shook his hand, photographed him or got his autograph. The thing which IS boak-making is these carefully-organised photo-opportunities, with photogenic soldiers being lined up with this man for the benefit of his image.
  10. I still say he was right to go and we'd be slagging him more for staying at home.
  11. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

But being Bliar's biggest apologist on ARRSE, you would say that....
  12. I'm not now, nor have ever been, his apologist. Whereas you look at everything from a wholly selfish perspective, I like to think of alternatives. Get in touch with your democratic side. There are two (or more) sides to every story. Even our Tone's
  13. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I assure you I am very much in touch with my democratic side, having stood for election (and won) in local government.
  14. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Bliar was right to go out there, what is not right is that the whole thing was about him NOT facing the views of the soldiers....mind you Bliar learned to avoid reality after facing the mothers of dead soldiers live on TV a while back.

MiB (who does not doubt final victory/who knows that the potato harvest stretches up to the feet of God)
  15. 307

307 War Hero

He was right to go but not abuse the situation for a photo op. shame nobody ND'd in his direction. Or would that be naughty?