Bleats and whines

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mighty_doh_nut, Mar 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you have a beef, had your post removed, want to blub to matron about something that a nasty mod has done post here. Any suggestions for making the place better than isn't more complex than stripping a 432 to bare bones

Make it relevant and don't be a penis though, please.

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

MDN

You have now started several posts re the NAAFI bar and I can understand why, but am getting slightkly pis sed off with it.

However, they are really Site Issues and should be posted there. You might get responses from peeps who no longer come into NAAFI.

If you harken back to the days of Auld Sapper, RTFQ, Mistersoft then PM them and ask them to join the fray.

As to whines and whinges - feck em. Don't like it join the Boy Scouts.

3. Not site issues, I moderate the NAAFI bar and its about the NAAFI bar not the rest of the site.

4. Auld-Yin

OK

Suggestion:

When a PM is sent to me I get a pop-up telling me that a PM is in the in-box.

Can something be done in a similar way when a thread is sent to the hole? A pop up is sent to posters saying said item is now in the Arrsehole.

This may stop the "Where are/is my thread, I was being fecking brilliant and now it has disappeared". They can then go to the Hole and continue being as fecking dull as they wish.

Is this posible?

5. Read this post: http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/p=2477167.html#2477167

Notice the 'techno changes' bit. I think we should keep an eye to the Hole ourselves.

People who start such threads ought to be shot in the face immediatly (including all their off spring). Only retards open such topics. People gifted with a functioning left and right lob do the math themselves.

6. Auld-Yin

If it can be done for PMs surely it is not much of a techno change - though I am a complete techno biff myself.

Point noted though.

7. Time was when utter tosh was put into the ARRSEHOLE and people carried on with it there. Since the hole was made "read only" all such crap just gets revived in the NAAFI.

If the hole was made read/write again then utter crap and drivel could be shuffled off into it and the posters in question could carry on with their witterings there leaving the NAAFI for better things.

8. This is what i fail to see..... if something is crap and holed and seen to be crap and holed, why on earth would you feel it necessary to continue with it?

9. Yes it is only my opinion, hence the poll and hence me asking questions in here and setting up this facility.

I take it you aren't answering the question as to why you or others would want to continue posting on a thrappy thead? Why would someone want to post 40 pages of tosh if they read the quite simple forum guidlenes?

There is a chatroom for tosh talk?

10. To cater for people who have no self control and like posting tosh?

Why?

11. The fact is that people do want to carry on with stuff that has been holed otherwise there wouldn't be threads in the NAAFI about "Why was my thread holed? let's start it again here..." In the past I even posted threads to the hole because I thought people might find them amusing but they weren't worthy of the NAAFI.

"A collection of all the most irrelevant, dull, and annoying posts." is what the hole is for but it's just used as an alternative to locking a thread now.

12. Well there are rather a lot of them. Keeps them in one place.

13. Read the first post in this thread.

In the past the hole has been open to posts, its unmoderated and it rapidly descended into far worse than what the NAAFI is now. Its a dustbin, it wouldn't bother me if the Arrsehole was made invisible to users, that way when its canned its gone.

14. I have worms, and when I wake up in the morning my fingernails smell of pooh, what can I do

15. I generally look at views and responces prior to making any judgements,

If it bores you simply don't respond, otherwise you are responding to what bores you, I'd argue that made you a bit of a c0ck that simply had to post no matter what, especially if the subject topic included male genitalia.

If there was a couple of posts with 'to the hole' after it then thats where it would go. I have no problem holing my own threads if hats what you were asking. It was an attempt at making an effort. You could try it ?