Bleaching and dyeing dpm

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Pacifist_Jihadist, Aug 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im guessing somebody on here has tried this so i hope you can help out. In my hunt for good hillwalking trousers i keep finding the good stuff is very pricey to get what i want. CS95 does it perfectly, but knocking about the hills in DPM makes you a bit of a tool.

So i have a pair of old issue dessert dpm trousers i want to experiment on. The bleaching part will be easy and straight forward in the washing machine. But are there any possibly trip ups with the dye? Im not sure if standard fabric dye will do or if something stronger/better is needed.

Thanks

2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

See if you can get hold of some of the RN improved AWD trial trousers from around 2005/6.

They are the same as CS95 but come in a fetching navy blue colour and don't have the ties at the bottom for blousing.

3. Don't know about desert kit, but normal temperate DPM can be dyed with normal clothes dye. Trouble is, the pattern still shows through faintly. I have a couple of sniper smocks dyed black for civvie shooting (er, I mean shooting on civvie ranges...), and I get pestered by uber-walts asking where they can buy "SF" black DPM.......

4. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

get some forest brown wash in dye. turns it to a hot chocolate type of colour with darker brown patches so looks more like the 'trendy' civcam worn by everybody now.

I did a smock like that last year as I miss the pockets and some US tri colour trs which where a little tired.

dont forget the salt.

5. That's to let the cum drip out when you guys fart.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sounds like you may have found the next ebay fortune maker.

£5 for a pair of dpm trousers, £1.50 for some black dye and salt and sell for £shedloads

Sounds like a winner. :)

7. You want to dye your kit? well if your getting ready for the gay "Pride" march through Brighton tomorrow you need to get a wiggle on.

8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Tap on the side of your nose and say " you can't buy it, you have to be issued it"

9. Thanks for the replies all. Im hoping to dye them something other than brown, a lot of my kit is already dark in colour so i want them to go something else. Ill get back with how i get on.

10. I once saw a dayglo orange CS95 smock. Pukka too!

(This is no help at all but I thought I'd mention it)

11. As worn by the McGay of Clan Mcgay of that Ilk. Only a Yank or a Cannuck would walk about dressed like that. Oh , and pooves of course.

12. I think he'd look rather ******** in them.