Blazer Buttons

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Jagythistle, Apr 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. looking to replace the cheap ones I got on my blazer in Hong Kong. Any suggestions for good suppliers of Regimental or just plain buttons?

2. Jagythistle

I’m not sure if you are aware but there is a fantastic thingy on the internet, it’s called Google. Apparently, if your really clever (you can get your mummy or younger sister to do it for you if you can’t) you can make it your home page.

When you have found Google type in “blazer buttons”, select “pages from the UK” and press the button called Google Search and in micro seconds you will have thousands of pages to play with, even more if you choose the web.

Enjoy

3. Try your regimental tailor!

4. Do you have a PRI shop?

5. You may find Benson & Clegg a better start as they are the suppliers to the trade as well as members of the public. If you can't find your regiment amongst their collection then ask them because they may well produce the buttons that your regiment sells in their PRI shop.

6. I still sport the regimental buttons of the Marks & Spencer Rifles on my blazer. An excellent regiment, whose insignia is acceptable for wear in all social settings.

7. Blazers are worn by schoolboys. I think you mean boating jacket

8. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

What about headdress, do you wear some sort of Sou,wester... and galoshes?

I shall continue to wear my blazer at the more casual gatherings.

9. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

One pace forward the Household Division!!!!!!! ;)

I would go for them as well, in fact I did 17 years ago and the buttons are still good and on their third jacket!