Blazer Badges, Which one

Like a lot of people I was in more than one regiment.

I started as a boy soldier in the Royal Armoured Corps JLR. then went to my Cavalry Regiment. When I was discharged. I went into my local TA regiment the Light Infantry.

I was happy with my cavalry regimental badge and tie. But some clever bugger in the "club" said I should have the powder horn on my blazer. Actually I did on my lapel.

OK is there an etiquette for regimental blazers, or should I just get velro stitched onto my breast pocket.

Never Never Velcro! Why swop badges? I have two, Queens Bays and 1st.KDG, but I do have two charity shop blazers, I perm. the badges.... Bays blazer and KDG beret badge, and vicky verky, which one do you feel attached to the most?

i now belong to the malaya borno vets assoc and i wear that badge with pride on my blazer,,i have my unit badges as small lapel items.

pupgreen said:
i now belong to the malaya borno vets assoc and i wear that badge with pride on my blazer,,i have my unit badges as small lapel items.
Basically thats what I did 13th /18th on the blazer pocket. The LI lapel pin.
Only some of these DLI blokes a real huffy. Mind 3 and 8s being Yorkshire probably doesent help

No blazer badge, but the correct tie for the occasion, perhaps?

Here is one way round it if your still in . No badge , old reg buttons on blazer , reg tie for the one your serving with now ? so you don't but noses out and a tie pin for which ever one you like . All bases covered so say and you will keep most people happy.
Now i've finished i rotate reg ties each year 11 Nov , to an out sider i could be classed as a walt :D :D :D
Hope this is helpful :?

any one seen me coat

BarceBandit said:
Mattyg, when did you serve 13th/18th?
I was in the Lilywhites in the early 70s, Munster, Sennelager, NI, Bovvy, Lulworth

hondo said:
Now i've finished i rotate reg ties each year 11 Nov , to an out sider i could be classed as a walt
Some throbber accused me of being a walt on Nov 11. I was wearing my AAC blazer badge, but wearing an RCT tie. I started in the RCT and transferred.

He was only happy when i showed him my medals, my NI medal named as DVR ...... RCT and ACSM named SSGT ...... AAC. I think this walt thing is going a bit too far with some people. I felt like I should be carrying my red book with me.

hondo said:
Here is one way round it if your still in . No badge , old reg buttons on blazer , reg tie for the one your serving with now ? so you don't but noses out and a tie pin for which ever one you like . All bases covered so say and you will keep most people happy.
Now i've finished i rotate reg ties each year 11 Nov , to an out sider i could be classed as a walt :D :D :D
Hope this is helpful :?

any one seen me coat
Well in my case 3n8s had plain brass buttons and a single button on the cuff. So thats how my blazer is. Word of warning. don't wear your blazer to a security area. The badges set of the metal detectors. I had the magic wand waved over me while two police constawables with HK MP5's looked on.

This whole walt thing bugs me too. My TA battalion had a high proportion of ex regs. Fair enough you could see the real rambo wanna be's a mile away. But a lot of lads joined the TA as a route to the regs.

Mind, we did a mobilisation exercise once. There were wives phoning in, he can't come he's ill, or he's at work. It certainly put the wind up a lot of the "less serious" guys.

But back to the subject. I'll wear my Z head badge and tie and the LI lapel pin and tie pin. Gonna end up looking like a 53 year old school kid I'll need my veterans badge too. There again I'm not allowed to drink or smoke cos of the pills I take and a dicky ticker. so I may aswell take up dress making and stay at home.

Incidently anyone seen the RBL survey about how broken us ex servicemen are. Scared the sh*t out of me. No bloody wonder I just hit 80% disabled

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
mattygc said:

I started as a boy soldier in the Royal Armoured Corps JLR. then went to my Cavalry Regiment. When I was discharged. I went into my local TA regiment the Light Infantry.

I was happy with my cavalry regimental badge and tie. But some clever bugger in the "club" said I should have the powder horn on my blazer. Actually I did on my lapel.

OK is there an etiquette for regimental blazers, or should I just get velro stitched onto my breast pocket.
Mattygc in Durham. That kind of narrows down your cavalry regiment and Light Infantry regiment.

I was also a retread (I actually wore four badges: RAMC in the ACF - my local ACF unit; three months in RMP until I told them where to shove their truncheons; seven years in 15/19H and seven in RAPC) but I have never had any torn loyalties.

15/19H was living the dream, the rest were all just noise.

Alien, aka Boggles, 15/19H 1975 - 82

Barbour, Ron Hills and dessies. No accusations of Waltism... just funny looks.

ColdWarWorrier said:
Some throbber accused me of being a walt on Nov 11. I was wearing my AAC blazer badge, but wearing an RCT tie. I started in the RCT and transferred.

He was only happy when i showed him my medals, my NI medal named as DVR ...... RCT and ACSM named SSGT ...... AAC. I think this walt thing is going a bit too far with some people.
Couldn't agree with you more CWW. Could it be an insecurity thing for them?

AlienFTM said:
mattygc said:

Mattygc in Durham. That kind of narrows down your cavalry regiment and Light Infantry regiment.

I was also a retread (I actually wore four badges: RAMC in the ACF - my local ACF unit; three months in RMP until I told them where to shove their truncheons; seven years in 15/19H and seven in RAPC) but I have never had any torn loyalties.

15/19H was living the dream, the rest were all just noise.

Alien, aka Boggles, 15/19H 1975 - 82

Nah I'm in Durham now but Yorkshire as a sprog so twas the 3 and 8s.
Never had any problems in the past just met some old DLI guys, who were pissed off cos I had the little badge on my Lapel and my Regs badge on the pocket. I think they'd run out of John Smiffs or Ex or something.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Old & Bold 78
D Medals 74
follow-the-sapper Army Reserve 9