Blazer and accoutremonts

Some of this is post is tongue in cheek and I would appreciate either stupid or serious answers

I've been out of the Army now for seven years (that's 7 for the infantry and driver lineys), as I'm well advanced into my mid-30's and now have daft amounts of money to spend on shite, I'm looking at buying a Corps Blazer, now my problem is this: My first Corps was the Royal Signals and I had many a happy time as one of Jimmy's finest; I then went onto the Corps of Royal Engineers whereupon I achieved my highest rank, but also only served a brief time prior to being medically discharged.

My quandary is this, as I had a much better time in the signals (and better memories) than in the RE (my situation not the Corps' fault), should I get a signals or RE blazer? I also did my AACC and have now seen army commando blazer badges.

Which badge should I get on my blazer? One Corps or two? Should I stick the Army Commando blazer badge at the top of my left arm?

Regards,

KI

Get both, cut each in half and stick together.

Sell the excess halves to someone else in the same position.

Or even better, have someone make you a holographic one so that it changes depending on which direction it's viewed from.

Serious answer though, just chose whichever one you feel like! Would you rather be thought of as ex-RSigs, or as ex-RE?

And if it's both, get some velcro.

Or even better, have someone make you a holographic one so that it changes depending on which direction it's viewed from.

Serious answer though, just chose whichever one you feel like! Would you rather be thought of as ex-RSigs, or as ex-RE?

And if it's both, get some velcro.
I've not much experience with velcro, does it work on buttons?

oldbaldy

LE
Buy three blazers you tight wad!

OK then, next question: As I'm working abroad, with a shite internet connection; can anyone recommend a decent, but not overly expensive tailor? My arse starts to twitch when I look at spending more than a couple of hundred quid on a single item of clothing and I start to think things like "I could have bought a new laptop for the same price" or "For only a little bit more, I could have bought a half decent track-day car.

Cheers easy.

K_I

Any thirty-year old who buys a blazer with the genuine intent of wearing it is one sad f*cker.

I've just received my copy of the Legion magazine, and anybody in there wearing one has got to have been at least 75.

If I was thirty-something with the piles of money you say to have, I've be out there in my Ferrari, whooping it up in the Italian Alps with a blonde ragazza sitting beside me, not looking to see what velcro slippers go with my regimental tie.

FFS, you sound clinically dead already.

tac, never had a blazer in my life.

I'd go for Royal Signals, not just because I'm biased, but also because you say it's the corps where you had your best times.
What about Jimmy on your breast pocket and a good quality enamelled Wedge pin badge on your lapel?
Aha, a couple of sensible answers; excellent. I take it that I shouldn't really bother with the admittedly tacky looking Army Commando blazer badge?

What do you want the blazer for? I am imagining two scenarios:

1. For attending military related events, wearing your corps tie and any other associated bits and pieces. Ex officers wear blazer and tie only; other ranks often turn up in beret and any number of enamel badges as well.

2. For wear in general civvy life where a blazer is appropriate wear. In which case all you need is a blazer equipped with buttons of your choice.

DO NOT turn up to normal civvy events wearing the full OR blazer, badge and enamel shit. You'll just look stupid.

On the whole blazer badges are fine if attending a yacht club/rugby club/golf club do wearing relevant blazer with badge, but not for general wear out in the real world. Same goes for the full military stuff. Have a look at the Gurkhas - reggie blazer and tie, but otherwise grey flannels, plain shirt, brown shoes ... And no badges of any sort.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Paulfredrick.com has reasonable blazers.

I'm in the same boat. Going to B-I-L's promotion at West Point next week. Blazer (ohne badge), Corps tie, Corps pin in blazer, Corps cufflinks. Chinos, white shirt.
Don't forget Corps Tie-Clasp and the shoes deffo brown but not Oxford style. Badged hip flask, badged pen knife with name rank and number engraved on blade. If you're a smoker, Corps engraved lighter and badge emblazoned ciggy-case. Some people just don't know how to dress properly. And post the photos when you're done. 8)